Author Topic: scenarios and maps?  (Read 98 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
scenarios and maps?
« on: November 28, 2002, 06:04:19 PM »
I was thinking about scenarios the other day and I wondered if vehicles have ever been included before, i.e. Battle of the Bulge with tanks and air craft?  I think this would allow a little more immerson for the real die-hard simmers out there. Also, some new maps in the MA rotation would be nice, it's gotten a little boring. Hopefully the mission theater will clear up some of these issues.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
scenarios and maps?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2002, 09:48:41 PM »
WE used Vehicles in the Sicily Scenario and they will be used in tne NIEMAN Scenario.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: scenarios and maps?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2002, 10:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by DaLadyzMon
I was thinking about scenarios the other day and I wondered if vehicles have ever been included before, i.e. Battle of the Bulge with tanks and air craft?  I think this would allow a little more immerson for the real die-hard simmers out there. Also, some new maps in the MA rotation would be nice, it's gotten a little boring. Hopefully the mission theater will clear up some of these issues.

Whenever/if the player controlled paratroopers are added, scenarios like the Battle of the Bulge or Market Garden would be really cool.

Some, or at least one new map is supposed to be coming in the next update.  Think it's a remake of the beta terrain.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
scenarios and maps?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 09:16:39 PM »
Great updates and advice guys! Jordi, I was thinking more like a large event with vehicles (i.e. the format of Midway or Big Week as far as scenario type and length). Huge vehicle battles would be great. Now if only the damage model would make this realistic and fun!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline MRPLUTO

• Nickel Member
scenarios and maps?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 07:28:44 AM »
The other day Skuzzy said there were 3 new maps in the pipeline.  Plus, many people are calling for 10Bears' new Greece map to be adapted to the MA.

MRPLUTO  VMF-323  ~Death Rattlers~  MAG-33