Author Topic: Contest??? Why Bother!  (Read 426 times)

Offline kat3

• Zinc Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« on: December 02, 2002, 07:00:40 PM »
I just logged in and read about the contest.  What's the point?? We all know who the best pilots are!  So lets reward them with cash.... sure why not.  What about all the other 100's of loyal AH people who have been with HT for years?? :confused:  Guess we don't count! And yes, I have been playing AH for years...just under a different call sign.

Sorry HiTech but I think you should come up with a better way of having a contest  The way this game is scored (still haven't figured that one out) I don't see how this will be very fair even to the good pilots.  :(

What about those of us who play for the fun of the game?  I can't count how many times I have take supplies out to guys and taken a ..you have ditched or you have been killed by ..just so I can get back and get more supplies.  Score doesn't matter to me.... fun does!

Hmmm... maybe it's just a guy thing that I just don't get.

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2002, 07:11:39 PM by kat3 »

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 07:03:40 PM »
are you a girl? :)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 07:11:12 PM »
Aw come on, think how much fun headoning or vultching a leader can be.  Even more than before.

Offline kat3

• Zinc Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 07:22:06 PM »
:D Fatty...you have a very good point.  Hey! I know...HTC needs to change the icons so the top 50 players name shows rather than their country.  Just think...going after them would be better than going after a perk plane! I vote for Perk Pilots!!

Oh and yes I'm a girl. :)

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 07:36:55 PM »
Originally posted by kat3
Hey! I know...HTC needs to change the icons so the top 50 players name shows rather than their country.  Just think...going after them would be better than going after a perk plane! I vote for Perk Pilots!!

Oh and yes I'm a girl. :)

Oh man... now I know why the 19th Amendment was ratified!  :D

I love this idea ;)
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 07:39:44 PM »
Originally posted by kat3
I just logged in and read about the contest.  What's the point?? We all know who the best pilots are!  So lets reward them with cash.... sure why not.  What about all the other 100's of loyal AH people who have been with HT for years?? :confused:  Guess we don't count! And yes, I have been playing AH for years...just under a different call sign.

Sorry HiTech but I think you should come up with a better way of having a contest  The way this game is scored (still haven't figured that one out) I don't see how this will be very fair even to the good pilots.  :(

What about those of us who play for the fun of the game?  I can't count how many times I have take supplies out to guys and taken a ..you have ditched or you have been killed by ..just so I can get back and get more supplies.  Score doesn't matter to me.... fun does!

Hmmm... maybe it's just a guy thing that I just don't get.

:rolleyes:

Maybe its not about you, or me, or any of us.
Maybe its about people who are not yet playing Aces High.

eskimo

Offline kat3

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 08:20:14 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Maybe its not about you, or me, or any of us.
Maybe its about people who are not yet playing Aces High.

eskimo

Ahh so I was right...it is a guy thing.  HT is going after all those guys out there who think they are ACES.  Who think by joining they have a shot at the money...and glory of course. :rolleyes: Just lead them to me, I'll shot them down!
Thanks for enlightening me eskimo. :p

Offline Mirge

• Zinc Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 09:53:49 PM »
how bout giving money to the people who make contributions to the game like sound modifications, gunsights,  maps ..stuff like that..those ppl actually work at improving the game for others on thier own time without pay..not shooting down others everyday and ruining ppls fun hehe. Fester dosent even like the idea from what ive heard on squad ch.
i know he wouldnt turn down the money though for doin what he does. would you? that goes for a couple other guys in the ted squad...
hey maybe Lazer could get a 7 button optical cordless mouse with a hatswitch with the money :p

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 10:23:14 AM »
At first I didn't like the idea of money going into cash prizes rather than into game development even though I'm in a pretty good position to win a cash prize.  

However, by offering cash prizes more people might join and keep playing AH.  This will increase funding going into HTC, and therefore by giving out $, HTC might get more $ in return.  

So in the long run, I think it's a great idea.  If it works, there will be more $ to spend on development and it'll make the game a bit more fun. WTG HTC.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2002, 10:40:18 AM »
Originally posted by AtmkRstr
At first I didn't like the idea of money going into cash prizes rather than into game development even though I'm in a pretty good position to win a cash prize.  

However, by offering cash prizes more people might join and keep playing AH.  This will increase funding going into HTC, and therefore by giving out $, HTC might get more $ in return.  

So in the long run, I think it's a great idea.  If it works, there will be more $ to spend on development and it'll make the game a bit more fun. WTG HTC.

thats the best comment i've seen about this WTFG great and couldn't have said it better:) <<<>>> to you and HTC

(me having only finished in the top 100 once will be trying my but off for this lolololol)
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Contest??? Why Bother!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 11:00:54 AM »
5 months in the future....

the whiners whine.....with an excuse!!!!

the runners REALLY run.....with an excuse!!!!

the buffs fly even higher.....with an excuse!!!!

this will give the individual flyers even more excuses to be more INDIVIDUAL.....

please please help i need ammo...can some1 resupply me?

sorry mate i can't.....need points for contest.....gotta finnish ahead of Whels or AGVJ:D