Author Topic: Two week trial period for real?  (Read 687 times)

Offline skitzo

• Zinc Member
Two week trial period for real?
« on: December 03, 2002, 04:27:29 AM »
I created a new account and when attempting to login receive a message that my trial subscription period has expired. However, it's been only a day or two now and I've never been able to login because of this. Anyway I'm wondering whether the two week trial period is a bona fide offer or a hitechcreations.com "glitch". Has anyone successfully gotten their two week trial recently?

I've pasted in my e-mail with skuzzy@hitechcreations.com and I was hoping after this exchange that when I got home my login would work to no avail. :(

E-mail History....

Subject: Fwd: Re: Your new Hitech Creations account
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:59:01 -1000
To: skuzzy@hitechcreations.com
Cc: info@hitechcreations.com, billing@hitechcreations.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:59:01 -1000
Subject: Fwd: Re: Your new Hitech Creations account

Clarification: The problem I want addressed is with the "subscription expired" message when attempting to go online. Should there be a problem with my computer crashing, I'll take care of it on my own. Thank you.

****** Forwarded Message Follows *******
To: "Roy Neese"
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:51:55 -1000

I've tested it offline already. So at this point, I want to use it online. If the game works w/o crashing during the two week trial period, I'll subscribe.

Can you address the problem I'm having or put me in contact with someone who can?

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: Your new Hitech Creations account
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:25:57 -0600

If you are testing, you can just go offline to see if the game works for
you.

----- Original Message -----
To:
Cc:
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: Your new Hitech Creations account

I was unable to login, the message was that my subscription period had expired. I did cancel my subscription in the past, many months ago, after experiencing computer crashes which disrupted game play.

I went to the online forum for advice to no avail. After purchasing a new video card I tried again but it still crashed. Whenever an AH update was released I'd try again.

Now, I've a new computer and want to see if I can play w/o crashing again. So, can you enable my account so I can see if this new computer will work?

Thanks
>
>Welcome to HiTech Creations Aces High
>
>By logging in with the following Login and password you agree >to the following terms of services.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 04:30:06 AM »
You only get one two-week trial.  If you used it long ago, it doesn't come back.

Offline skitzo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 04:41:58 AM »
Wow! Thanks for that quick reply. I understand what you said about only one two week trial. But the first time I tried with my previous crashing computer I never got my two weeks either. I got the same message, ended up subscribing and paying for the one month only to find that my computer would lockup after about 30 minutes. So the crashing problem was unexpected when I subscribed.

I've tested this new computer for more than 30 minutes offline and so far so good. So now I want to use it online but would rather not pay for a month to find that it starts crashing again and in addition I never got two weeks free from AH anyway.

But the point is I've never seen the two week trial to work, hence the question posed in my post.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 07:22:15 AM »
Call HTC. Thier number is on the web site somewhere. Explain your problem.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 01:41:42 AM »
I went through something like this when I started my account a few weeks ago.  I had been playing h2h on and off for the past 2 years or so, but hadn't subscribed because I had a crappy connection to the MA.  I could play h2h with no problems though.  So I had a 2 year old non-paying account when I decided to give the MA another try.  I started a new account, hoping to get another 2 week trial to check out the connection, but no dice.  Sounds like the same problem you're having.  

I just gave Skuzzy a call, to see if I could get any amount of free trial.  While he was reluctant to renew the free trial, HTC does have some sort of refund policy.  I gave my CC number, with a verbal guarantee from Skuzzy that if I had poor gameplay my money would be refunded.  Everything works great, and as a result, I lived happily ever after.  

I'd suggest you give Skuzzy a call at (817) 251-1540 and talk to him... I don't know if the refund deal is official policy or was just a verbal thing, so you'd probably be best off asking first.

Hope to see you flying soon Skitzo.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 07:11:49 AM »
HiTech Creations Phone Number.

817-251-1540

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2002, 09:29:34 AM »
Not only is their first 2 weeks free, But these guys are so cool they offer a completely free H2H arena. Its worth checking out.
Anton

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2002, 01:18:18 PM »
anton your wrong.

its not a single hth arena basicly its just a place where people can host there own arenas and play with 8 other people. there is susally more than 1 arena