Author Topic: Black Day for AH  (Read 532 times)

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Black Day for AH
« on: December 03, 2002, 12:05:27 PM »
Sorry to sound negetive, but this new award incentive is such a bad idea..

Why?

well, it will mean more vulching, more cheating, less game play, less co-operation, more whining, and generaly a more boring game..we will see tanks waiting at spawn points more.

If this is the way its going to go, I , and would think many more people who play and pay for AH slowly dwinderling game play will be showing a clean pair of heels..

I love this game, and i dont like the idea of paying for other players to make a profit.

by all means have a money lust game .. but make the arena a seperate one, charge the players who want to play for money seperatley.. dont give them mine..

mine i want to go towards keeping Hightec creations excellent staff happy, and developing the game...

PLEASE DONT USE OUR SUBSCIPTIONS FOR THIS!:)

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 01:50:56 PM »
Think of it this way...LOTS more bombers to shoot at. :)

Also, do we get bonuses for film of 2 account cheaters?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 02:03:47 PM »
This little contest will in no way ruin AH or even become an issue regarding gameplay....trust me:)

The only pain it will bring to the player base is that of the self inflicted kind.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2002, 02:05:21 PM »
Being realistic there are some who have the score thing down to a fine art. That ain't going to change. That small group that "do it" will be there at the end.

Those in the trenches are not all of a sudden get "good" at it.

IMO it's not going to change the way the vast majority fly.

Will make for some REAL good whining though..

I look foreward to it.

In the meantime, I'm not changing a thing. Base Capture, flying attack sorties, vehicle sorties and bomber sorties is not why I play.

Why change ?? There are some pro score potatos here. You think that all of a sudden their going to suck ??

Killing one is gonna be a great thing :)

Let the games begin.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2002, 02:26:32 PM »
selector

its marketing money - who are we to tell them how to spend it?

I wish them luck with it and their interest & dedication at attempting to keep the game fresh and exciting

now pls release 1.11 :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2002, 02:34:53 PM »
It won't change the way I fly at all.  I suspect that I am in the vast majority here.  In no way do I feel threatened or used by this.  Once HTC has my monthly subscription dollars it is their money.  Its not like taxes where we have a vested and legitimate interest in how it is spent.  How they spend it is entirely up to them.

Hopefully it has the effect that HTC wants it too.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline woodfordb

• Zinc Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2002, 03:23:43 PM »
It wont change it. Im not going to change my playing style for it. Im crap today, and im dam well going to be crap tomorrow.  :)

Mandrill

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Black Day for AH
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2002, 04:55:20 PM »
It will have neither a positive effect on MA gameplay nor will it increase numbers of subscriptions.

Therefore it's useless - a bad idea.

What it will do is give a reason to play to those players that are already too good to fly against the unskilled masses. Keeping those few from going to warbirds to find tougher fights.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Black Day for AH
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2002, 05:09:21 PM »
"Think of it this way...LOTS more bombers to shoot at.  "

Just the opposite. To get thier bomber points they will simply vulch in a SBD or A-20 w/bomber score.  Then back to the La-7,262,stang.