Author Topic: Somthing that realy upsets me about AH  (Read 825 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Somthing that realy upsets me about AH
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2002, 07:52:46 PM »
Kind of talks for the damage model..  if vehicle damage bugs, how can we be sure the airplane damage works?
Aka über Hispano & M2 case, where those are even more powerful than historically were compared to MG151/20.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 07:59:36 PM »
I saw a 75mm shell bounce off a M16 once.

Perfect aim, fire, * kaboom *..

the shell flies, impact, and then.. it goes * boing * and the shell bounces vertically... on a M16.

Determined to prove this absurd behavior, I recoreded almost all of my GV sorties after that incident, and experienced same things  quite a few times... however, it was then I found out the shell bouncing isn't recorded in films.

Damn!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 08:02:37 PM »
Why play for rank?  All a good rank indicates is that you are a "gamer" with too much time on your hands.  Play for fun.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 08:26:57 PM »
I play for fun, rank comes as a consequence to enjoying yourself because you generally play better when you are enjoying it...  However, I find gv's frustrating at the moment so I don't use them unless it is the only way to defend/attack something.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 08:59:44 PM »
I just dusted off my copy of Panzer Elite. Its pretty outdated, but if you can live with that it's a lot of fun.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 09:05:39 PM »
If I had a nickel for every time a P51 (dont know why P51 is only machine gun plane that seems to do this) flat out KILLED my panzer in 3-4 passes...well last night I came up behind a panzer in my M16 (4 .50's?) put ALL 4 THOUSAND rounds into him..point blank..started rear..moved over to broadside..raked him back and forth....up and down...seemed to bust everything on his tank...no kill. Came back in M8 (yup..he was still there..prolly takin a dump) ..ONE round kilt him.  No fluff'n idea how this business works
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 09:34:33 PM »
Originally posted by brady
Well the hit sprite was bang on the front of the M3 as it headed down the hill toward me, he was so close that I had to back off zoom to see the whole M3.

If I did not play for rank I would certainly bag the whole GV aspect of AH.

Aftert this incedent I went and played WW2 online to relax, got im my Summa went and found a nice hull down spot covering a bridge got 4 tanks and 4 inf and rtbed... went ahhhhhhhhhhhh and went to bed.

Brady, if you'd carried some HE rounds and fired 2 (1 to clear the AP round in the chamber) you'd a killed him. An HE round near an M3,M16 or M8 will kill it.

Why play for rank? Play for fun.

If this was last night, no you didn't go to bed, you goofed around in a gv and almost made a goon run for me to a V base I was killing. You rtb'd because there was a dar bar in the sector and you didn't want to die in a bomber...?

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2002, 11:22:33 PM »
I went to bed after that I think lizzaed or this was after that incedent, I have always plaed for rank, for me it keeps the game interesting, so in a twisted sort of way it is fun.

BTW it is a common misconception that u nead to play a lot to get a good rank, I only had 40 hours last month and flew in the CT the last two weaks of the tour and made 9 in the MA.

Yes Lizzard I did rtb I figured I was going to die if I went to that V bases, smart thing for me to do was rtb, since I play for rank.

Offline mrniel

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2002, 11:54:25 PM »
  "Anyway, it wouldn't unrealistic for an M3 to beundamaged by a 75mm AP round thru the passenger portion of vehicle. It would go right thru without causing any realdamage except to any unlucky guy in the way"

In real life, if my memory serves me right. An AP will
generate splinters as it penetrate the hull, and that's what
kill the crew. Kind of a shotgun effect.

mrniel

Offline Lazerus1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2002, 12:13:11 AM »
Originally posted by brady

BTW my neighbors want to meat the Staff at HTC and thank them for being woken up at all hours when this happens and I freak out and scream explicatives.:)

Funny, he spelled explicatives right:D

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2002, 02:34:16 AM »
In world war two the sherman tank met with better success against the lighter japanese armor then they did the german stuff. One problem they had was the armor piercing passed right through a japanese tank and the tanks just rolled on as if nothing happened. High explosive with an instantaneous fuze did the trick and knocked them out with a single hit. Online I find that the same thing works against m3s m8s and m16s. Even ostwinds can be killed with he and you dont even have to hit them but just get close.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2002, 03:11:35 AM »
wow imagine that, I did , the law of averages at work I suspect:), bound to get one right once in a while.

I will try more he, GP.