Author Topic: Cyborg USB Gold Users - Help!  (Read 331 times)

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
Cyborg USB Gold Users - Help!
« on: December 06, 2002, 05:56:29 AM »
Well, I got my Christmas present early!  I have one or two problems with stick mapping - can you help?

Calibration has worked, and it flies well - rudder is fantastic!

BUT - in stick mapping, although I can set buttons (in stick set 1, which I am using) for functions, nothing happens when I go back to trying them on the stick.

Also, how do I set functions which require the use of two buttons together (i.e. button 9 + 4).  The mapping only seems to give you the option of selecting 1 button at a time for any one funtion.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2002, 02:01:45 PM »
Hi Dr Lecter,
 What version of windows are you working on? (The interface is different for XP but I've had both the standard cyborg and the gold version working on all versions).

I try to keep the key mappings in AH as standard as possible and use the Saitek interface to emulate whatever keys I need.

I could send you a profile for both if you like (Set up for a leftie though). I find the best way to program it is to pull up the saitek interface and program each button by right clicking on it to pull up "properties" them click the "Behaviour" tab. You should be able to select "new Command" and just type what ever key sequence you like into the box. By clicking "advanced" you can even program different sequences to the press & release cycle.

TTFN
snafu

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 02:13:11 PM »
Are you using the saitek s/w to program or the embedded stick mapping in AH?

I have the gold and it worked fine on my 98 PC  as well as now on my XP PC.  Didn't do anything special.

There are two steps you have to go through though.

(1) You have to choose the appropriate joystick in AH itself and also tell AH which buttons on the joystick are available for mapping.  I'm not at home so I don't remember exactly the path to get to it all.  I believe it is under the joystick calibration options.  You have to tell AH which joystick you are using and then which buttons on that joystick should be activated.

My first time hooking it I couldn't get my mapped views and buttons to work but found out that I skipped step 1.

Once you have the joystick selected and the buttons that are available on the joystick enabled then...

(2) Map the buttons to functions using the joystick mapping in AH.  If you miss step one, then none of your stick button maps will work since they aren't binded to a button that is available.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 02:15:36 PM by dtango »
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Dr Lecter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 06:25:17 PM »
Thanks Dtango & Snafu for your replies.

I read up on some past threads and eventually got it - yes, I see now that here are two parts to programming - the first being to allocate functions (B1,B2 etc) to your joystick buttons.  That is what I was missing and was instead going straight to assigning flight functions to the stick.

It sounds as if you can use the advanced interface to sort it but that's too much black magic for me.  I've done it thru the AH buttons.

Interestingly, there was a glitch when I had alocated buttons, and then assigned them to (in this case) Fire 1,2,3, but it did not work.  After exiting the game and going back in later, it worked.  Bizarre.

BTW, it is my first poper stick and I am blown away.  SA has gone up 100% with the hat, and I feel I am competing more evenly with my opponents.  I was on keyboard and mouse for ages!

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 01:24:01 AM »
That's great to hear!  Yeah, using the hat switch for views I think makes a huge difference.  The next step is rudder pedals :).  You'll get to the point that you'll trade in the twisty handle function for rudder pedals since you can get more precise input with pedals vs. the twisty handle.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)