Author Topic: What is the Terrian Editor???  (Read 230 times)

Samart

What is the Terrian Editor???
« on: July 30, 1999, 08:59:00 PM »
Just was wondering what this terrain editor is that HT and Pyro was talking about?  Are we able to make our own terrian are (like the Italian area) if I wanted to?  Or does this mean that we can put new structures on the existing terrain??

Just was wondering?  Thanks for the info

------------------
450th BG(H)
"The Cottontails"

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 1999, 11:47:00 AM »
The terrain editor allows you to lay out a terrain however you want.  You can set elevation and terrain types.  You can also place objects and set their attributes.  It's real simple to use, but certainly tedious.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Hat Trick

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 1999, 12:53:00 PM »
PYRO....wanna get rich quick.

Design a Program where I sit in my chair...and hold the microphone real close to my mouth...and say
"1,200 yds long by 400 yds wide and 26 feet high with 30 degree angle on the roog as a A frame with light silver/gray tin roof and brick siding with 20 evenly spaced windows measuring 20 feet hi and 4 feet across with the old factory type glass to it. have a cement tarmac surrounding it with numerous 190's in various paint schemes around it and several trucks parked along a loading dock in the North East Corner and a parking lot full of kubelvagons parked 400 yds to the west with a side walk leading to it. And a train tack with box cars running along side the north end of building.  Surround entire area evenly spaced 1,000 yds from the compund 12 88mm and 12 20mm and 12 50 cal AAA guns with walk paths leading back to the compound all under heavy camoflouge.

And then......say "Make it So"

Poof...it appears....now onto more details...

Because as much as I asked for this terrain editor...If its not gonna be that simple...its to much for me.

I just know there are whiz bangers out there who have the know how.

------------------
Hat Trick
-htrk-
War Birds Beta Tester
Confirmed Kill Beta Tester
Air Warrior one month and hated it!
Aces Hi Wannabe Tester
HiTech Devotee

Samart

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 1999, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Pyro

I guess now I can make my own Italian Area.  Now if you would just make the B-24 the 450th could recreate the missions of the REAL 450th

------------------
450th BG(H)
"The Cottontails"

GunsGG

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 1999, 10:41:00 PM »
  The 450th will have to go to whoever has the B24  

And a further question about terrain editor....will we be able to establish values or some other form of linkage to ground targets? Or is that strictly server-side?