Author Topic: Kills by a grounded chutist?  (Read 228 times)

Offline rv6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.aircombatusa.com/AC_Testimonial.htm#James
Kills by a grounded chutist?
« on: December 11, 2002, 06:04:07 AM »
Got shreded over a busy nme base,, and for ha-ha's I bailed, dead center over the runway intersections.

Enroute to terra-firma, I was straffed from every angle..  they were literally shooting each other down trying to nail me in a chute! MOOahahaa..

I'd amassed 3 kills by the time I hit ground!

Then, I ran inside a hanger, and tucked away in the corner (like scared rat on Titanic).  Never did this before!

Base came under attack, and many planes trying to takeoff, jinked themselves into the ground (without being hit) right near me..  I got Prox kills up to 8 or 9 when it was all over.

Question is (in theory)..
If I'd waited until my country took the base (6 or 8 days?).. or tried hoofing it back to friendly base (another 6 days), and ended flight on friendly runway..

Would I get credited with the kill totals?  Ie: Name in lights=>  "RV6 has 12 kills on foot"

Or sumptin' like that?

Thanks..

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 07:31:09 AM »
If the base was captured by friendlies, you'd get a "You have bailed successfully" rather than a "You've been captured" message.

That means that you'll get more points/perks for the kills you got before getting shot down (based on the multipliers listed in the score descriptions).  I'm not sure how points/perk are treated for the kills you get while you're in a chute.

So, you won't get a message saying how many kills you got on foot.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 10:30:24 AM »
proxy kills affect your kill death ratio, but they don score any points.

Offline Dawvgrid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 10:43:33 AM »
How did you get to the hangar,was the ack down?,,,,,,,,,,,,or were you in runveryfastdodging mode:D