Author Topic: Some Possible TV Exposure  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Wicked

• Zinc Member
Some Possible TV Exposure
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 08:35:38 PM »
Thanks for the response guys!

First off, TechTV studios are here in San Francisco.

Secondly, what I'm hoping this will be is a look at high-end online sims in general.  Part of that is because I feel very much a part of all of them.  I know that I haven't had much of a presence here at all but I've been playing AH on and off since the very first open beta verison.  I've been a long time Warbirds player, starting back around 1995 and AW before that.  I also play WW2OL as well as just about every other flightsim off the shelf.  So I'm a flightsim nut just like you guys and also a WW2 history enthusiast.  A chance to feature what we do on a international TV show has been a big goal of mine since I started working here at TechTV.

What I've done so far is to sell the idea to one of our producers who enjoys online gaming but hasn't himself ventured into the world of online flightsims.  In my heart-of-hearts, I would really like to do multiple segments spotlighting each game (AH, Warbirdsiii, WW2OL).  That's a lot of airtime, but I can hope.  My intent would be to focus on the positive aspects of each game rather than a compare and contrast.  I believe that they each have something to offer in their own way, and still there are many like myself who enjoy all three.  I also want to get into the HOTAS controllers and other gear that people use.  That could easily be a segment of its own.

So for now, just sit tight as this is going to take a lot of time and planning just to figure out what we want to do.  I know you are all standing by to help anyway you can and when the time comes I'll take you up on it if at all possible.

Thanks again!
Keith

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 08:43:29 PM »
yes, you need pretty people that don't have a slow southern accent.

or FDB's.

one of the highlights could be that HiTech actually comes in and talks with the people on a regular basis?

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2002, 01:06:42 AM »
If you decide to show any live game footage on TV you may want to squelch channel 1..and probably don't include range sound (because of the turrets syndrome-like outbursts)

You may have to actually film for a few days to get some that is fit for anything better than 11pm or Cinemax.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2002, 07:25:58 AM »
Don't forget the Sim Pits some guys have built or the commercially offered ones.

That has got to go with the "high end" HOTAS stuff.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Re: Some Possible TV Exposure
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2002, 07:30:03 AM »
Originally posted by Wicked
Hey guys!

As some of you may know, I work for TechTV and I am the Technical Director for a show called "The Screen Savers."  It's a hour and a half live international television show all about computers and technology and a variety of other things thrown in.

Hey I watch that show here in Dallas :)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2002, 07:32:17 AM »
I've never seen it, what channel is it on ?

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2002, 12:07:43 PM »
Tech TV. i dont get it with cable, i get it with sattelite(sp?)

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2002, 12:17:44 PM »
I would think HTC would be more than happy to assist as needed?

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2002, 12:17:45 PM »
I would think HTC would be more than happy to assist as needed?

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2002, 12:22:39 PM »
maybe you should talk to Dale or 1 of the guys(gals) from Hitech Creations.....

Offline aac

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2002, 12:43:48 PM »
Ozark when did they get real tell-e-vison in MO, last time I went and visited they only had a card board box with calenders on it and a radio sitting behind it.  (S) ya dog ya LOL

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2002, 01:06:47 PM »
I live in the LA area and have watched the show. Anything I could do I would be willing to help.  Interviews with people crazy enough about the game to build something like this might be interesting.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2002, 01:15:41 PM »
LOL was watching tech tv a couple days ago (the one about overclocking...tried it and it didnt work of course) and was thinking about why they wouldent do a lan party with ah or something lol... of course i dont watch much as i dont have cable or sattelite...

icemaw nice simulator of course i am in the prossess of building one wich should put yours to shame (a bit later right now its just going to be a VERY basic simulator)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2002, 01:38:45 PM »
Come on, guys!!!  This is obviously a "when" troll!!!!

Very soon, Wicked is going to respond and say, "On the show, we would like to feature some of the new stuff in 1.11.  When can we expect it to be released so that I can book the show with the producer?".  :D

Offline JoeDirt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2002, 01:50:12 PM »
DOH!:mad: