Author Topic: Port and field together  (Read 700 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« on: December 07, 2002, 05:07:16 AM »
Is it possible make port where is airfield together it? I have not very much room in one area in my FinRus map and I need to place there very important fields and ports.

I though I take "Port" object group and add there airfield with all it's objects (Hangers etc). They both use same tower and maproom. Is it working?
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Port and field together
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 07:33:18 AM »
The only thing that makes a port, a port is

For map icons to appear correctly as you place them, create fields in order, don’t skip numbers, and ensure each field has an object with the tower property set .  
The tower for a field should have the Object Data property set to 0 for an airfield, 1 for a vehicle field, and 2 for a port.

You can do what you are doing.  No different then having a Vehicle field attached to a Airfield or Port.

You don't double up the Towers or Maprooms.

For example you could place 9 Airfields in a circle with spawn points at each one to make it look like one large airport.
Of coarse you would only be able to place 9 spawn ( entry points ) for the different type of vehicles ( fighter, bomber etc)

Pokie
« Last Edit: December 07, 2002, 07:40:13 AM by pokie »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 09:14:49 AM »
Thx Pokie!

I tried it and it worked. Next problem is:

I tried to create CV where is only one cruiser and two destroyers. I named it a new airfield and linked it to port. When I make Task Groups, it crashes the editor. What is wrong?:confused:

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Port and field together
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 09:53:50 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori
When I make Task Groups, it crashes the editor. What is wrong?:confused:

Is it when you make a task group or when you run the object checker to check it?

also when you loaded the cv group and  then deleted the CV (and two destroyers) did you also delete the tower point? and the hanger stuff?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2002, 09:56:37 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Port and field together
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 11:07:15 AM »
For now, until a new TE ( or Patch ) is available, I would ( my opinion only ) place TG's as the last set of fields.
This is because the TE crashes ( for me anyway ) when doing a complete Object Check on terrains with TG's in it.  Placing them last will let you do a complete check of your terrain ( for errors and to correct them ) before placing the TG's.

( I know you can select different types of object checks which would prevent TE crashes because you would select everything else but the TG's check. )

Also, just as Tilt mention, you need to give us more information to help determine the possible problems for your TE crash.

NOTE!  Min. requirements for Fields:

For a Fields you'll need at least

1 tower ( as for TG's I guess that F**SHP00 is your tower )

1 hanger ( and I don't mean the hanger building I mean a ENTPNT set as Hanger ...  F**HGR00)

1 maproom ( and I don't mean the MPRM1 shape, I mean the MAPTBL1 shape set as Maproom ... F**MPR00 ) Remember you'll need to place a Maproom group somewhere ( remote area ) in your terrain for the TG's )

1 ENTPNT for either a Fighter, Bomber, Ptboat or Vehicle

So since you can do a Object check of your TG's just make sure you have at least these items.

Pokie

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 06:32:11 PM »
Ok Pokie! I missed the maproom! I have just the same error than you. I try your method to put TG's last!;)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 04:08:08 AM »
It works! THX!:D

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2002, 04:11:54 AM »

I don't understand this:

Pokie, do you mean that one ship must be a tower? The three ships are all "ships", I didn't specify any of them "tower" and it still works:

Ships are sailing and they fire enemy planes like they must to do!:eek:

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Port and field together
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 02:00:32 PM »

I don't understand this:

Pokie, do you mean that one ship must be a tower? The three ships are all "ships", I didn't specify any of them "tower" and it still works:

Ships are sailing and they fire enemy planes like they must to do!:eek:

What I meant is that all Fields require a Tower, but if you look at the TG's, you won't find one.  
You don't place a tower for the TG's because the first ship acts as a tower?

Pokie

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 03:19:37 AM »
As I thought, Pokie! I think everything is ok now and I send the map files to Ronni yesterday.

Pokie and Nuttz: I want to thank you one more time for your great help with my massive map project.:D

I started the Terrain Editor first time on last January and now the FINLAND VS RUSSIA map is available soon, thanks to your teaching on this board. I had hundred times big problems and big stupid questions and always yours instructions helped me ahead!

When we men in Finland are grateful to somebody, we present to him KOSKENKORVA VODKA bottle. It is the greatest gift here in big forestes middle of snow and -45 degrees of celsius temperature when we fighting with the polar bears...  :D

Send me your addresses, I send to you both "Kossu" bottles!:D :D :D

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Port and field together
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 09:19:36 PM »
As I thought, Pokie! I think everything is ok now and I send the map files to Ronni yesterday.

Pokie and Nuttz: I want to thank you one more time for your great help with my massive map project.:D

I started the Terrain Editor first time on last January and now the FINLAND VS RUSSIA map is available soon, thanks to your teaching on this board. I had hundred times big problems and big stupid questions and always yours instructions helped me ahead!

When we men in Finland are grateful to somebody, we present to him KOSKENKORVA VODKA bottle. It is the greatest gift here in big forestes middle of snow and -45 degrees of celsius temperature when we fighting with the polar bears...  :D

:D Well if you ever saw a tv commerical for Ruffles potato chips, where there are these 2 Eskimos all alone, up North ( I guess the Artic ).  
While taking a break, the 1st Eskimo is eating Ruffles potato chips and the 2nd Eskimo looks at him and asks for a chip.
The 1st Eskimo replies  "But if I gave one to you, I would have to give one to everybody". :D

You are all ready giving us a gift, in replying to others and trying to help.

P.S.  If I'm ever in Finland you can buy me a drink, but I'll drink it inside :D  not on a polar bear hunt :D

Pokie
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 09:21:46 PM by pokie »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Port and field together
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 04:09:03 AM »
Okay Pokie, it's a deal. We drink the whole bottle after sauna! :D

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Port and field together
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2002, 01:24:23 PM »
can i have some vodski too? :)

the postage will be cheaper.......i think......

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Port and field together
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2002, 06:29:33 PM »
Is that the bottle thats frosted with an open oval on the front and a pic inside the back?? Tall thin... It's on a desk at work, was given as a gift, I know it's imported vodka.

NUTTZ