Author Topic: For HTC, Gunnery Model is Super PORKED in 1.06  (Read 870 times)

PakRat

For HTC, Gunnery Model is Super PORKED in 1.06
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2001, 10:26:00 AM »
Uno mas cerveza, por favor!  

---
PakRat
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"Juggies, dance us back in history!"

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
I think its a quite general feeling that the gunnery model has a different behaviour from 1.05.

I personally feel that my gunnery sucks bad lately (even worse than before), dunno if It's me or the Gunnery Model.

Not that I care much, It's only about getting used to it again, but, for my ego's sake, I would like to know if, officially, something has changed  

Cheers,

Pepe.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »
Gatt, that picture explains my point nicely.  

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Nothing has changed in gunnery that we havn't anounced in the readme's ,but rember that your head now shakes.

HiTech

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
Mine has been shaking for years....
sorry coundnt resist.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
 Tell him to use the 20mm instead. The additional ammo, and faster ROF, more then make up for the difference in power.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2001, 04:53:00 PM »
I know, I don't play anymore....

But before 1.06 peeps were complaining about long range shots and how easy it was.

Now, the argument is to make it easier.

Then the argument will be to make it harder.

Atleast this is my opinion on how the world turns... but ya know what? Opinions are like oscarholes, everyone's got one but it always stinks. :-)
-SW

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »
I haven't noticed any changes in gunnery whatsoever.  In fact, I finally felt comfortable enough with gunnery in 1.06 that I decided to turn tracers off once and for all.

-- Todd/DMF/Calamari

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
This thread got me to thinking....

Are people noticing the difference in the German cannon ballistics as a result of doing their first serious flying in LW aircraft now that the FW-190 D9 is available?  

I've noticed in the D9 the very familar slow shells, large dispertion and trajectory drop that I've always seen from the gondola equipped 109's that I fly.  Comparing the same 20mm guns mounted in the 109 and 190: the big difference is the lack of a centerline firing cannon that causes a dramatic increase in misses beyond harmonization range.  Are people noticing this without realizing the cause?  Could the lack of the two extra cannon available on the earier FW variants cause D9 drivers to perceive that their weapons are less effective for reasons other than ½ the volume of fire?

I think more people are becoming aware of the lower performing German cannon rounds than a change in ballistics.  

MiG

(edit for spelling)

[This message has been edited by MiG Eater (edited 03-22-2001).]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
MiG, I've always flown the 190's with only 2 cannon. The gunnery in the D9 seems different. My hit% has dropped also. I haven't had enough time to really look into it, but something just seems different.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
S!

I have been training with the 30mm lately and it is a hard one to get hits with.Only advice is:Get close and when You think You are close,get closer!Fire from less than 200d.It is a real 1 ping killer.It tears off the tail of Spit,blows the sh*t outta La7 and even the P47 is puking parts like it had hangover of the century. Gonna train a LOT to get the hang of it  

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2001, 04:25:00 AM »
"now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same"
too bad there isn't a translation program availible

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2001, 04:52:00 AM »
Thks for the answer, hitech. Unfortunately, that leaves my gunnery skills without an excuse  

Pepe  <Back to gunnery training>

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2001, 07:59:00 PM »
Hey easymo , ty ! My oldest daughter lives in Norway , now I can read there web pages .

Way cool .
spro

`````````````````````````````````````````````
garrido . I set my cannon and bb machine guns in the 109's to 650 range . If fact any plane that has no devergence ( hey I can't speel worth a damn ) as in P38 , La5 , 109's etc . The others to 400 . Maybe you set your range out farther would help the bullet drop ? I know I have to get damn close in 109 to hit anything .

cheers spro

Author  Topic:    For HTC, Gunnery Model is Super PORKED in 1.06  
garrido
  posted 03-21-2001 03:58 A.M.                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ram, PAMPERO, GADGET, the one that is, but that please, translates this.
Anticipated THANKS.

I am convinced that the GM of AH in modified version 1.06 to of a disastrous way to my form to see.
The previous complaints venian of the little stuck penetration capability or of that tenian MG 151, or the excess of reach and damages of the Hispanic, to my, that gave me equal, it got upset the one that reached and demolished to 1000y thanks to you to the zoom lens of the sight, but aprendi to me to live with it, quizas in the reality the Hispanic was a great tube, and the MG151 not as much, but I have data neither I think to look for them, or did others and I believe it that not sirvio of anything.
My complaint, is equal to the previous one that already I exposed and that you, the HTC gentlemen nor deigned in answering, and is the following one:
I consider that GM this badly modeled, so badly, that impacts in deflection are obtained 400y and is failed to 200y, I have gotten to fail to 170y, to 100y and less in shots without deflection, from the 12 pure ones, I have observed as 20mm falls below the fuselage of the opposite airplane. That this happening? in which I am failing? so that I must raise the nose of the airplane to guess right in the tail of the opposite airplane when this airplane occupies all the sight to 90y? So that it has the that caida projectiles to so short distance? the convergence diran, no, I have proven from 150 to 375 and in all the cases he is equal. Single it passes me to my?
I speak of firings with BF109 G6 and G10, the rest of airplanes I have not proven, but I imagine that equal.

That this happening?

a greeting

I suppose

My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »
Head shakes RULE. No more lamers with sniping ability with the aid of st. hispano.

Icons still suck though.