Author Topic: Overstepping the mark?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2002, 11:14:07 AM »
At best Vulcan's comments were petty.  Worst, they were pathetic veiled whines.  Either way, cheesy and poorly reflecting on himself and those who associate with him.  Just because these remarks are not completely over the top and disgraceful like those we see every few minutes on chan1/2 does not make them perfectly good.  My point, make a love muffin out of yourself and people will think you are a love muffin.  It matters only slightly if 20 percent think you are or 100 percent as in the case with Deathpig.  It all adds up over time.  It's your reputation, trash it if you must.  Just don't be surprised when there are consequences to your actions.  Its' just like real life.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2002, 12:20:17 PM »
And who are you again?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2002, 12:24:03 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
Its' just like real life.

LOLOLOLOL....now, ask Vulcan if he gives a rats ass...or anyone for that matter. :D

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
      • http://www.digitaldioramas.com/
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2002, 01:14:41 PM »
.squelch 1

The ultimate cure for those looking to be or easily offended.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2002, 01:34:15 PM »
Another one with an axe to grind....

... just coz I used to shameless hunt maime and torture rabbits when I was a kid.

:rolleyes:

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2002, 01:38:46 PM »
So I'm guessing there was more than just the one remark and perhaps the moderator just got tired of hearing the insults directed towards frenchy and sancho and decided to take action.

I wasn't there and I didn't see it all but it's obvious to me from what frenchy has posted that there was more than the one remark and it was found offensive by the two people that matter in this case.

btw Vulcan, if you hadn't gotten that message Frenchy probably never would have posted that he didn't like what you were saying and you wouldn't have had the chance to fix that with your old buddy.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2002, 01:49:45 PM »
You people that get offended by this  name calling, as watered down as it is,  are all rutabagas.   Why don't you sissies turn your sound off and put a nice piece of tape over the text buffer so your fragile little feelings aren't hurt.  I know the day when HTC gets sued by one of you thin skinned,opportunistic, liberal dweebs is not far away.  I can almost see the complaint in my head: "The text buffer contains offensive words such as, Yankee, Frog, or Canuck.  As such, we are suing HTC for 8,000,000,000,000,000.99"
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2002, 02:09:55 PM »
You can talk all the smack you want as far as I'm concerned.  When I get tired of it, I'll just squelch channel 1.  I know who RTB'd that sortie, which is all that matters to me.  You owe me one. ;)

BTW, you still ain't funny.  Well, maybe not "funny haha", but definitely "funny queer." :D

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2002, 02:21:01 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-
funny i feel the same about being called a nazi or even a luftwhiner but i see no moderators stopping that happening :)

Well he shouldnt have married ya then IMO

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2002, 02:22:58 PM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
For the story, Sancho didn't liked being called "frenchy's woman" either.:)

this is the right quote this time.
Yall are married right?     :cool:

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2002, 02:41:56 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
You people that get offended by this  name calling, as watered down as it is,  are all rutabagas.   Why don't you sissies turn your sound off and put a nice piece of tape over the text buffer so your fragile little feelings aren't hurt.  I know the day when HTC gets sued by one of you thin skinned,opportunistic, liberal dweebs is not far away.  I can almost see the complaint in my head: "The text buffer contains offensive words such as, Yankee, Frog, or Canuck.  As such, we are suing HTC for 8,000,000,000,000,000.99"

Not that you would probably understand Steve, but try to fill my shoes :

You leave everything you know from your own country, friends, fiancee (that dumps you 6 months later), familly and lifestyle. You arrive in an another country where most point a finger at you because you are different. You start in this new country from scratch, all you have a a suitcase and money. Education, learning a new lifestyle, getting use to differences, traditions and general ignorance.
Each day, for 5 years I'm in USA, I have to ear a remark about some dumb bellybutton American who never set foot outside his country and thinks he knows Europe. "oh you French? I'm french too, my great grand father name is Martin".."Hey I speack French, voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?".."French, your women never shave their leg, eww" .. "why don't you go back to France and surrender?" .. "Hey you have internet in France?" .. "why you don't support us in war against terrorisum?".."Hey you are a pilot? Awsome ... hum, did you know the terrorists?".
On the begining it's ok ... but man, after 5 years I just go ballistic, the cup is filled. I choosed to come to USA, I worked for it everyday to make a career from scratch. I understand that I will never be considered as American, and it's not my goal. But like I said, I don't have to take toejam from someone who never had enough balls to "see what's on the over side of the montain range".
I play Aces High to "relax" and have fun, not to be insulted.
:)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2002, 02:46:21 PM »
Actually no there wasn't, from the earlier fight some banter was kicking around about frenchy - ranging between he's real good to the french cheats (jokes). But that wasn't me. There was NO mention of sancho's name either, only frenchy's. So only Frenchy and Sancho knew what I was talking about.

And that was the only comment I made after being shot down. NO others. AND there was a smiley face planted clearly on the end of it.

Smack talk is "you cheated", "or you HO'd", or "you got lucky that time".

If a moderator can't handle this, then he should squelch 1 or go play barbie dolls.

And, if you tardlings think about it... calling Sancho frenchy's woman implies just as much of an insult to me :D

Originally posted by Kanth
So I'm guessing there was more than just the one remark and perhaps the moderator just got tired of hearing the insults directed towards frenchy and sancho and decided to take action.

I wasn't there and I didn't see it all but it's obvious to me from what frenchy has posted that there was more than the one remark and it was found offensive by the two people that matter in this case.

btw Vulcan, if you hadn't gotten that message Frenchy probably never would have posted that he didn't like what you were saying and you wouldn't have had the chance to fix that with your old buddy.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2002, 03:15:17 PM »
Frenchy, the French folk that I have interacted with are just as hateful to Americans.  Tell me, if it's not so, where do Stereotypes like: "The French hate Americans. French people are so rude" come from?
My point is, it goes both ways...we Americans, not all but many, think your country's foreign policy was written by a bunch of chickenshits who are in denial of what's really going on in the world.(not commenting here if I feel that is right or wrong)  Unfortunately, some people lash out at you as a Frenchman.  I agree that it's not fair to you...life just isn't though.
I have never called anyone race related names in game.. well except for Moot, I called him a racist...if that counts.  It's not that I'm some kind of saint or really nice person.  I, like most Americans,  yes the majority, simply don't give a rat's bellybutton about a person's skin color or nationality.  I base my feelings on the actions of the individual.  And like everyone in the world, I may have predisposed leanings about certain races (if you are honest with yourself, you will realize it's true for everyone) but these presumptions are readily dispelled by the behavior of such individuals. It may not seem like it Frenchy, but I promise you.. most Americans really don't care about color or race and we are baffled at why so many in the world view us in a negative light.  Some will say it's because we are policing the world and that it's not our place to do so.  It's a dirty business.. but someone has to do it,...things like Nukes and other WOMD will one day be readily attainable by those of ill will if we do not. Geez what a tangent... ummm anyway... have a nice day.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2002, 03:18:36 PM »
Here it is your honor :D

There were some earlier remarks about France from our previous fight, but like I said already Vulcan, it's fairly irritating even if I know it's not meant to be offensive. Now that we talked about it, you know better and I'm confident you will take that into account next time I got shot down.

:D

Now I don't see what the big deal is about the moderator. The guy just asked him  "VULCAN PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER PLAYERS".  If he would have muted you I would understand you being pissed off. (did he mute you, maybe I missed this part?). I think the guy (or the woman:D ) just thought you were bothering other players, by your remarks, our responses.  Afterall, Sancho and I said you were:p

Kanth, have the right thought process I think. Oh well, Vulcan, no hard feeling, see you back there:cool:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Overstepping the mark?
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2002, 03:31:37 PM »
Those comments are worthy of a comment from a moderator?

What a Joke :rolleyes: