Author Topic: Is this the best version yet?  (Read 497 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Is this the best version yet?
« on: December 18, 2002, 03:30:32 PM »
I think it may be the best one in a few anyway..
The play ballance scheme is elegent and certainly somewhat effective.
The net code seems very very much of an improvment
The Tiger and the changes to the Ostwind make the ground game far more reasonable. The HE only osty brings the panzer iv out of the closet..and the Tiger makes room for other tanks to be added..
The new strat targets and the changes to bomber vulnerability will help to realize the promise of the great bomber changes last version...
The revamped Pony to a very high standard holds great promise for the touch up of our other favorite ac to a more modern standard.
I dont know..but this is one hell of a release.
ho ho ho...

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 03:32:27 PM »
Nah, not yet IMO.  But i think they are not too far away from the BEST update.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2002, 09:47:44 PM by WldThing »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 03:37:08 PM »
Any improvement is better than prior state of things, but 1.11 isn't to 1.10 what 1.10 was to 1.09, that's what the hangover is from.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 09:23:02 PM »
I fully agree with everything Pongo stated.

We might not have gotten a bunch of new units, but the game is very much improved.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 10:42:48 AM »
I tend to agree with Pongo's post, with the exception of the last line where he describes his fighting style.

:p

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 12:25:06 PM »
Yes, it is.

Niggles about serving PAPRIKA SCHNITZEL in the frontline Luftwaffe Officer's Mess instead of the much more common (and Kurt Tank designed) JAEGERSCHNITZEL which would be much more representative of the actual situation aside.....

this is a great release.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 02:13:55 PM »
Originally posted by Turbot
I tend to agree with Pongo's post, with the exception of the last line where he describes his fighting style.

:p

BTW, I liked this release good enough to renew my account.  Though it would not let me renew as turbot.

I was burned out bad prior to release, after a particularly bad night, I cancelled AH and even went back and did the Warbirds thing for a few days.   This release has prompted me to renew my account, and I am having great fun again - though I seem to have changed my primary dweeb status to that of a GV driver.  

I don't want to start perkies over yet again so I am going to stay with stupid new name "maxtor"  which came from a box on the table when I was out of other unused ideas.  Anyway to synch my BB name with online name I have made a new account here as well with "maxtor" for posting.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2002, 02:17:39 PM by maxtor »

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 06:21:57 PM »
I honestly believe this is the best AH has ever been. Anyone who disagrees needs to get their head checked ;p

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2002, 07:11:40 PM »
I played again..And I am even more sure that this is a water mark release of the game.
I think that we should all encourage HTC as much as possible in doing quiet versions like this. Upgrades that help realize the promise of what is in AH allready instead of adding more features or units. That is more sexy...but surly improving the fundimentals of the game as it allready exists has to be applauded.

Is the net code thing a placebo..I dont know but I like gunnery alot more with such steady close in refresh of the enemy.

Its the edge of a sword...Keep imroving the game till its perfect at what it is...but stale...or keep adding things to the game but keep it constantly in an unstable state....

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2002, 10:06:16 PM »
Well said Pongo.

AKDejaVu

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2002, 10:35:14 PM »