Author Topic: There's gotta be a better way  (Read 371 times)

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
There's gotta be a better way
« on: December 21, 2002, 01:01:17 PM »
Yikes! Day two with no AH. The problem? I can't download the map updates. It happens to me every time we get a new patch  that requires auto updating the maps. It seems either my connection or HTC's servers breakdown under the demand of all the players seeking the same downloads.
Lost host connections, downloads that finally complete, but don't seem to take (when I try to log on I get the download screen again.)
Is there any way to include ALL the updates in the patches. It doesn't make sense to me to have the map updates as separate individual files, since we need to update them to get on.
I'd rather get it all over with at once with one big dl instead of having to compete against 400+ other flight addicts to get back on during the first few resets.
It would seem to me that it would also be a good idea to post the map updates somewhere so we can dowload them ahead of time rather than wait for the maps to rotate.
Maybe somebody's thought of this already and they are somewhere that I just can't find. Believe me, I've tried looking after several hours of fruitless download tries.
Arrrrrggggggh!!!!!!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 04:58:01 PM »
Baine ...

You can go to the "downloads" page and independently download each of the terrains, thus bypassing the auto-download. Once downloaded and installed, then try to log into AH.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:34:43 PM »
Also, if you copied your map and settings files to a cd, the files were switched to Read Only.  Go to the terrain and settings folder, and make sure they are all set to archive and none are checked "Read Only."

Right click on the icon and choose properties.  You will see it listed towards the bottom of the pop-up window.

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 07:57:26 PM »
Slap,
I went to the download page in search of the updated terrains. I must be going to the wrong place, because I can't find them. If you could post a link, I'd appreciate it. (I go to the dl page whenever there's a patch to dl it there, because I find it works a lot better for me)
Math,
I checked my icons. Both read only and archive were unchecked. I checked archive on both terrains and settings. Here's hoping....

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 08:06:28 PM »
I can fly, I can fly, I CAN FLY!!!!!:D
Thanks guys for the help