Author Topic: Frame Rate Hit  (Read 285 times)

Offline Higgins

• Zinc Member
Frame Rate Hit
« on: December 20, 2002, 12:05:56 PM »
I'm getting frame rate hits only when the stall buzzer warning sounds or I recieve damage from another plane...my Frame Rate drops from 50 to 2-6 FPS.  Anybody got any ideas of why this is happening and how to stop this?

Thank you for you time.

Higgins

XP1800+
GeForce 4 4200
Asus A7v333
256 Mb RAM
SB Audigy Gamer

Earthlink DSL

Fuzzybunny

Frame Rate Hit
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 03:34:42 PM »
IRQ conflict between video and sound?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Frame Rate Hit
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 06:14:10 PM »
Originally posted by Higgins
I'm getting frame rate hits only when the stall buzzer warning sounds or I recieve damage from another plane...my Frame Rate drops from 50 to 2-6 FPS.  Anybody got any ideas of why this is happening and how to stop this?

Thank you for you time.

Higgins

XP1800+
GeForce 4 4200
Asus A7v333
256 Mb RAM
SB Audigy Gamer

Earthlink DSL

Try lowering your sound acceleration one notch in DXDiagnostics.

To run DXDiag, do the following:

Click on the Start Button, go to Run, type DXDiag and then click on the Sound tab and move the slider one notch to the left.

Are you also using the default sounds or a custom sound package like Mitsu's sound pack?

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Higgins

• Zinc Member
Frame Rate Hit
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2002, 09:01:29 PM »
Thank you for the advise guys.  I figured out what the problem was.  I noticed the system would lag whenever the joystick should be ForceFeedback shaking.  I disabled FFB effects in the AH menu and walla....problem solved.  Beyond that I have yet to look into why this is causein g a problem, but until then it works great disabled.  Thank you for taking the time to respond to this problem.  It is much appreciated.

Higgins