Author Topic: Using bombsights  (Read 727 times)

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Using bombsights
« on: January 12, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
Can anyone give me some advice on the use of the norded sight? Has anybody got a good formula for judging aim by alt?

Ta,
Pei

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Using bombsights
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2001, 06:37:00 PM »
If you are referring to the Aces High bombsite just release when the crosshairs are centered on the target .

It is also a good idea to throttle back as you approach, giving you a slower pass over the target.

Aces High bombs are of superior manufacture and have computer guidance systems inbuilt so it is difficult to miss.

If you miss a lot...get a bigger bomb.

A 4K bomb anywhere in the general vicinity  will really do a job on a gun emplacement!

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Hans

Using bombsights
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2001, 07:19:00 PM »
Judging from the fact he asked that question, I think he may be a total new guy.

F6 to the bombadier postion, look down with keypad 0 (not the row of numbers 0, the righ-hand side keypad's 0), and zoom the view all the way in (Z key to turn zoom on and off, and the bracket keys ] and [ to pan in and out).

The crosshairs are always 100% super acurate.

Hans.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Using bombsights
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
Not a total newbie; just one who doesn't use a buff. Thanks Sun, Hans.
I guess I better jump in a b17 and go practise offline

Offline iculus

• Copper Member
Using bombsights
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2001, 09:18:00 PM »
You can also use the "zoom" feature when at the bombsite.  The "Z" key I beleive... I have it mapped to my joystick ...also something that still bites me occasionally: bomb doors!  Let us know if you have more questions.

<S>IC

Iculus CO
576(Bomber) Sqn-RAF

ryanridge@earthlink.net