Author Topic: Things I would like to see changed.  (Read 509 times)

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
Things I would like to see changed.
« on: December 07, 2002, 05:14:32 AM »
1. all kills incliuding proxie kills count in points.( 1 reason for this some times gv's spawn 30 m3's in pixzza map to take bases knowing you get no points if they do this) also I'f i make a guy crash when he's diving on my 6 I should be rewarded for cork screwing him into ground. or when a guy dives on you and be comes lawn dart you should get points. he's dead same as if you shoot him.

2.I don't think landing at enemy field or cities should be same as landing you own field. Now you get gv's storming your field sit there vulch if they get pinged they just jump out and are credited with the kills. But they r at enemy field. This seems wrong to me. you now see guys that see reinmforcements coming to field they r vulching they land fast to get credit for kills. If Can't fly home should be atleast a ditch.

3. Night missions.

4. Bases  flash to soon  I don't think bases should flash until plane would be seen by people on ground/ maybe 2-3 miles out. Noe missions

5. more manable field acks

6. all new accounts should have 200 perks in account.
      players all ready here shouldn't get advantage over new people. and those 200 perks would go fast but would give then options they don't get just for being new :(

7.  manable city ack would be nice .

8. Britney spears in everymans xmas stocking and Brad pitt for they ladies and Shane........................

"Man can strip you of your money and your life only YOU can strip away your Honor"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2002, 05:16:48 AM by rod367th »

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 02:29:53 PM »
don't forget manable ack tracers

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 02:33:45 PM »
Originally posted by AtmkRstr
don't forget manable ack tracers

Yes, still no real reason told why it has no tracers
Freeze

Offline AWwsky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 10:31:32 AM »
And lets not forget about the flap auto-retract... flaps didn't not retract on thier own..

and would it be hard to make the LW planes with an airspeed indicator with KPH and the altimeter with meters???...that's a tough one eh!!!!

how about a limit on the number of Me-163's and 262's per reset!!, bet i hear it for that one:D

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 11:31:20 AM »
1. all kills incliuding proxie kills count in points.( 1 reason for this some times gv's spawn 30 m3's in pixzza map to take bases knowing you get no points if they do this) also I'f i make a guy crash when he's diving on my 6 I should be rewarded for cork screwing him into ground. or when a guy dives on you and be comes lawn dart you should get points. he's dead same as if you shoot him.

Disagree.. you didn’t earn that kill.

2.I don't think landing at enemy field or cities should be same as landing you own field. Now you get gv's storming your field sit there vulch if they get pinged they just jump out and are credited with the kills. But they r at enemy field. This seems wrong to me. you now see guys that see reinmforcements coming to field they r vulching they land fast to get credit for kills. If Can't fly home should be atleast a ditch.

Again... disagree.. this is a good thing.. keeps the game moving. Ground people will drive more if they knew there is a possibility for successful landing.. er parking.  There is no place at the spawn point to exit.. this is what puts me off on ground ops.. Glad there is now a place to exit vehicle.

3. Night missions

???.. you like or dislike?... I like them except if I’m flying in the daytime here.. no way to make this computer room dark enough. To date we’ve never had a night mission in the special events arena. An RAF thing would be cool.

4. Bases flash to soon I don't think bases should flash until plane would be seen by people on ground/ maybe 2-3 miles out. Noe missions

This can be adjusted in arena setup screen.

5. more manable field acks

Agreed, wish they would enable the manable 88s.

8. Britney spears in everymans xmas stocking and Brad pitt for they ladies and Shane........................

Did you see that movie with the guy from X-files and Brad Pitt.. The two couples travel around the country looking at famous murder sites.. The Brad Pitt character simi normal at first, turns into this redneck psycho.. was a good movie!.

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 12:00:46 PM »

I've never landed a plane at an enemy field, but doesn't that count as a "capture"?  Is it different for vehicles?

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 02:12:22 PM »
AWwsky...some planes did have flaps that retracted and if the airspeed was too high.  I think I remember reading that the F4U had flaps that would retract.  If my memory is correct.  Would be nice if they modeled it according to airframe tho.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2002, 02:21:41 PM »
Perk Points ONLY  awarded for succesful landings in any plane/vehicle.

Offline GPreddy

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2002, 03:09:30 PM »
As to (1) I wish HT could program the system to check for contact time. If you are fighting a twisty turning battle with a con for more then about thirty seconds you probably deserve  some perk points but without hitting the bandit I dont think you deserve full perks.

Someone said that (2) had already been addressed and that there is no kill message when you land at an enemy field. I havent tried it but I dont have a problem with it the way it was. I certainly wont drive a gv back a full sector to a friendly field.

I could go either way with (3). I think HTC should either bring on a night mission arena or get rid of night all together. The way it is right now we lose guys for an hour while night cycles through.

I disagree with (4). I think the way it is simulates farmers and check points and civilians calling in to warn the base and the distance is about perfect in simulating that.

Why you want (5) I have no idea. There would still be suiciders diving in to die to one ack and then repeat until all are dead or you would see hoards swarm every field and you couldnt shoot them all fast enough. The other side of the coin is getting people to man the guns at all.

(6) is ridiculous. You have to earn the right to fly perk rides.

(7) would be better served by defending the city before the ack comes into play.

(8) is an insult all the way around.

All in all I rate your whine a 2.:D

Offline bomber6969

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bombergroup.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2002, 04:00:51 PM »
Rod, all in all, this is one of the stupidest post ive read in a long time.  Perks for proxy kills???  perks arent everything:rolleyes: if you need perks so desperatly up a hurri and do some real fighting

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002, 12:00:52 AM »
Originally posted by AWwsky
how about a limit on the number of Me-163's and 262's per reset!!, bet i hear it for that one:D

And as soon as any country loses its 43rd Ostwind, they're disabled for the whole country until the next reset.

Hell, let's go one step further. We know how many of each plane/boat/vehicle was built; all that would be needed is one counter on the server for each ride for each country, with the counter starting at that ride's production count, and decremented by one every time one of that ride is destroyed. When the counter reaches zero, that ride is disabled for the entire country. Only destruction of your ride (kill or bail), or ditching in enemy territory (or on water, for aircraft) decrements the count; ditches in friendly territory are presumed to recover the ride 'off-screen'. If a country loses both M3s and C-47s, that country automatically loses the war, the winner being whichever other country has the most bases, and the map resets.