Author Topic: luffwobble abuse?  (Read 10209 times)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2003, 07:41:59 PM »
301!!

BAN BATDOG!  

But Keep CHICKEN POT PIE!!

Cobra

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2003, 07:51:56 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
They end up feeling their issues are then not taken seriously.  Plus, no one from HTC has ever addressed any LW issue in recent memory.  Sure, the Stuka and the 163 are sweet. But issues remain.

From Aircraft & Vehicles:

Hitech:

...if you are refering to roll rate, we did a test of the D9 just before release 1.11 it was correct, but a chart some one posted once did not have the ah correct roll rate values...

You may perceive that these things are "not taken seriously" but that perception might.. and often IS... wrong.

Forgive me Pongo, but I'm "stealing" this since you didn't copyright it and it's the truth:

Pongo:

Look how many German Planes are in this game. Look at the tanks and anti aircraft choices. Look what is the best plane in the game..And the best tank.
Just cause Ospreys FW190 aces of the western front says that a 152 beat a Tempest doenst make it so.
Only the LW in this game gets a plane that was in effect an operational prototype. If the allied contemporaries of the 152 where in here we would never hear the end of it.

One of us has to write a one pager on how much German representation there is in this game and how time after time perfomance complaints about German planes have been debunked or at least put in doubt. Way to much energy is spent on that crap.
Sure enough. The Il2 boards are allready dealing with exactly the same issue. And no its not pony fans(yet) its FW fans. Supprise.
The get exaclty the same response there. Or worse.

IMO, the Japanese and Russian contingents have far more "ammo" to use if they were to take the same attitudes that the German fans have. They certainly haven't gotten very much equipment as yet and certainly not their best stuff and absolutely certainly not their "prototype" stuff.  Yet you just don't see it? Why is that?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2003, 07:54:32 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
And you're talking about "broad strokes"? LOL.

No, I actually asked so that I could better understand your definition of "sucking up". Why don't you give me an example or two?

I don't care who's pro- or anti- HTC... as long as they can express themselves without baseless accusations that can damage the reputation of the game.

It's stuff like that that raises my eyebrows.  HTC doesn't deserve that in the least.

I have no problem with constructive criticism; it's good for the game.

Yes Toad, "Same old Hands" and "Pig Pile" are a broad stroke, as they were intended to be, there's plenty of those that fit the description.  Notice I did not use the word "anyone"... again, nice try at word Olympics Toad, your a pro but you'll have to do better.  So what shall we do now?  Play the "Prove it with a thread" routine or have Google wars?  Why don't you tell ME what the definition of someone sucking-up is?  Got your pig-pilers ready?
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #303 on: January 02, 2003, 08:10:14 PM »
Talk about word olympics... you da man!

You're the one that made the sucking up accusation. Spell it out.

Unless you're just dancing to the music and looking at your reflection in the mirror.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #304 on: January 02, 2003, 08:40:12 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
BatDog has already created two of the most important threads in this BBS.

Comedy gold.

I completely agree.  I still think this thread is still his best though.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #305 on: January 02, 2003, 09:06:22 PM »
its amazing what an idiv of limited intel like myself can manage. My pudding post was just a random thought during lunch. This was a random thought while drinking... or maybe thinking of sex..or something. Beats me.. I dont remember really.

Never give a rodent a brain. Wings are okay but ...just read the above carnage to see what happens.

Or maybe thats never give a monkey a granade cause he'll start a war?

Baaa

xBAT/FatBat
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #306 on: January 02, 2003, 09:22:53 PM »
All I know was that I have never laughed so hard in my life.  It was so completely random... so entirely stupid... so perfectly tasteless that it has to go down as one of the truly all-time great posts on this board.  Plus, it was very short and not forced.

Positively brilliant!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #307 on: January 02, 2003, 10:13:09 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
That's not true at all, so long as they believe there is a group of people that are out to get them solely because they are LW then that is a conspiracy.

It's been used before by LW fans saying that either the allied players are working against them and/or HTC is.

That's a conspiracy, perhaps you shouldn't lecture me on the language I speak if I understand it better?
-SW
ps: Conspiracy: Definition 4: any concurrence in action; combination in brining about a given result.

Don't need a plan to accomplish the above, nor to believe it's being done to you.

SW, You assessment is valid, however if someone just says "HTC is biased toward " it's not an accusation of conspiracy, just of bias.

Toad, if everyone would just apologize whenever they realized they said something stupid, we would see a lot less of this.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #308 on: January 02, 2003, 10:16:01 PM »
You are correct, however, when someone implies that there is favoritism towards one side (allied) and downgrading of another side (LW) then it would be a conspiracy to give one group better equipment and another group shoddy equipment.
-SW

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2003, 10:25:25 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
You are correct, however, when someone implies that there is favoritism towards one side (allied) and downgrading of another side (LW) then it would be a conspiracy to give one group better equipment and another group shoddy equipment.
-SW

If the accused is conscious of the favoritism and it's deliberate, we agree.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #310 on: January 02, 2003, 11:21:13 PM »
Well.. we won't agree then, but that's fine.

S! LuftWannabes, and Allied Opportunists alike. I think all that can be said about this matter has been said in this thread, and I am finished.

See you fellers in the MA, CT or Il2.
-SW

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #311 on: January 02, 2003, 11:27:44 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Well rude my position is that most people here whine a lot, and that pretty much the only group singled out categorically for whining and attacked syatematically for it regardless if its a genuine whine are the "luftwhiners".  Just go look at lazs current GV thread, sure some people disagree with him but none of it reaches the vitriol spewed out if for example a LW guy complained that GV 50cals are overdone or why arent his acts condeming every USN type in AH as a whiner.

And Toad I find it funny how you think what were saying are "baseless accusations" how exactly do you know what somebodys experience here is when they are being made fun of and harrased  like this- especially when you and your friends are often the attackers?

Its also interesting that the playground analogy comes up again...

Sorry Grun....as Pongo so eloquently pointed out...I'm a bully...I pick on anyone who does not share my viewpoint on life...not just LW, but anyone who is helpless or weak.

You should probably just let this go...it's one of those no win deals. Just a suggestion.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2003, 11:29:29 PM »
Hehe SW, I think we're just talking about different sides of the same coin.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2003, 11:36:01 PM »
Originally posted by Bluedog
My point here is that although most here would instantly recognise me as a Luftweenie, no one has ever called me a Luftwhiner....the reason?.....I dont whine.
So saying that all LW fans cop it rough here is plain roadkill, the only ones who cop a hard time are those who bring it on themselves by their behaviour......or lack of.

Blue

We just don't consider you worth the effort Bluedog ;)

j/k

You're post hit the nail on the head:  LW is fine but not Luftwhine.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2003, 06:12:37 AM »
Originally posted by Mathman
All I know was that I have never laughed so hard in my life.  It was so completely random... so entirely stupid... so perfectly tasteless that it has to go down as one of the truly all-time great posts on this board.  Plus, it was very short and not forced.

Positively brilliant!

Yea... I cant seem to reach that same level of brain activity lately. I need to bash myself over the head w/a hammer or something I think.

Ever sense I went off the meds I can see the whole world clearly...

and it SUCKS.

FatBat
xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu