Author Topic: luffwobble abuse?  (Read 10148 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2002, 08:00:45 PM »
Hitech what should be done?

First you recognize there is a problem, and you have done that.

Second since this is clearly a people problem and not codeing a program you will have to listen to our discussions and opinions and of course participate as best your time allows. I would say this is a pressing community problem.

Personally I still sense some reluctance in you to accept my arguments in good faith and without thinking its meant with malice. Now I hope we dont get caught up in word choices again but basically my feeling is there is some reluctance in you to open up to my viewpoint, though im very happy we are talking.

After that i dont know what the grand solution is, but its a good start and we have talk about it because its a communication people personality thing.

We'll figure it out if we dedicated enough trust and effort into this and have some hope.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2002, 08:00:53 PM »
by Kwessa:
"The words "conspiracy" and "Luftwhiners" are like the words "communism" and "communist". Somebody pops in and brings those words into a debate and lo and behold "this discussion is over". Reliving the '50s again."

LOL, commies...you are paranoid.

by Grun:
"There is not any regular daily type of thread that comes to mind where somebody is attacked just because they fly some planes and a negative attitude exists automatically no matter what the person is saying."

What if they're flying the N1K2 or LA7?

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2002, 08:09:15 PM »
Grunzer, I only asked what should be done, to give you an opining for you state a solution.
You might think of me a just a programer, but i've been managing bus.people,marketing,investors, and communities for a fair amout of time.

Quite frankly a statement

Second since this is clearly a people problem and not codeing a program you will have to listen to our discussions and opinions and of course participate as best your time allows. I would say this is a pressing community problem.

I find down write insulting.

I might be wrong, but you think I see a problem with jumping on the luftwiners, I don't, I see a problem with the knee jerk to legtimate post like one mitsu had a while back.

HiTech

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2002, 08:11:09 PM »
Well said FunkedUp.

To add...

Luftwhiners became universal to me because for every instance where a true "luftwhiner" started spouting complete drivel about how stupid something was and how pathetic it was that HTC was just ignoring the problem... there'd be several legitimate LW fans that simply could not disassociate themselves from that person and had to come in with "He has some really good points..." and rendered themselves guilty by association.

AKDejaVu

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2002, 08:13:41 PM »
Just to throw a spanner in the whole works........

I've been flying Aces High for roughly two years, a vast majority of that time has been spent in LW rides. I am CO of a LW squad, and to top it all off, I'm a Knight.
I'm not certain, but I would imagine that most people who 'know' me in this game would associate me with the Bf-109.

In the entire time I have been playing, I have never once been subjected to any form of negative treatment by anyone on this board, or by anyone at HTC because of my choice of aircraft and squad nationality, and have never been called a 'Luftwhiner', or thought myself to be included when the word has been used.
[friendly ribbing ala leather jockstrap, altmonkey etc aside, and thats just good fun anyway]
Although I must admit I havent posted any "LW must have this feature added" type stuff (theres no need, LW iron rocks as it is )

My point here is that although most here would instantly recognise me as a Luftweenie, no one has ever called me a Luftwhiner....the reason?.....I dont whine.
So saying that all LW fans cop it rough here is plain roadkill, the only ones who cop a hard time are those who bring it on themselves by their behaviour......or lack of.

Blue

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2002, 08:16:42 PM »
Hitech why do you think I would know the last possible detail how to solve this.

I just answered your post the best I could with the best approach I knew to solve such a problem.  Im just a guy who trying to encourage a dialoge and a move along process where we can respectfully solve thgis problem.

I am surprised by your apparent hostility to my response..

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2002, 08:17:51 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
We'll figure it out if we dedicated enough trust and effort into this and have some hope.

Ok, I'm confused...is this a gaming BBS or the forum for Negotiating World Peace?

Guys...it's a friggin' game....albiet one helluva a game (sorry HT, had to chearlead there)...oh wait...which reminds...I remember how bad the pom-pom label was thrown around when people would defend the game...another oppressed, abused group that needs defending!!

Save the Pom-Poms!!  

Save the Luft(insert name)!!!  

Save the WOWs!!  

Save the Nikdweebs!!  

Save the La7 Dweebs for they are not real pilots (still laugh at the thought of moving pixels on a computer being equated to pilots...hehe)

Save the SpitDweebs  (well all but Funked, he should just quit!)

Save the Runstangs!!  (all but Rude..he owes me lunch!)

Save the Ostie Dweebs  (all but whels..and rollo...too accurate in those)

Save the Chog Dweebs!!

Save the Stratpotatos!!

Save the Mindless Furballers!!

Save the Fluffers  (credit to Lazs)

Save the MA Generals!!

Wow...so many labels, so little time to save them all!

How bout this.....GROW A PAIR (where bioligically correct of course)

Cobra

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2002, 08:21:38 PM »
Grun:
After seeing Gmans post in Rude WOW, I belive we have a case of pot calling kettle black here ? It apears to me your the one slinging group associations for very straight forward topic posts.

Am I wrong?

HiTech

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2002, 08:22:04 PM »
Even better Cobra, you are great.  Perhaps you canmmake fun of something else about me...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2002, 08:22:49 PM »
Hitech read my response to him, it's pretty clear and he seems to get my point now.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2002, 08:23:58 PM »
Grun, you are just too lopsided to see it. You have the poor LW persecution complex.

While you can't see what I posted as blatant conspiracy/bias insinuation, it's clear as day what those quotes are indicating.

Those quotes I put in Bold, yeah, you see... they don't help your argument one bit and just show that the anti-LW conspiracy isn't just a myth.

But like I said, you seem to think it somehow helps you out... but simply saying it does, won't make it work for your argument.

The issue you are arguing is so one sided, only you are right.. everyone else who disagrees with you is wrong... although you claim to look at the board "objectively".

There ain't an objective thing about you Grun.
-SW

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2002, 08:27:56 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Even better Cobra, you are great.  Perhaps you canmmake fun of something else about me...

Not making fun Grun, so loose the poor me crap.

Just pointing out that every group has been labeled.

And, seriously, consider taking a BBS break for just a little while.

It does help, believe me.

Cobra

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2002, 08:28:23 PM »
Lessons in objectivity from somebody like you, wow thats bizzare.

And yes I have a different point of view from the people who inslut me - aint that breaking news! :D

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2002, 08:30:28 PM »
Who's giving lessons? You were the one making claims, and it's fairly evident that was nothing but smoke you were blowing up people's asses.

"And yes I have a different point of view from the people who inslut me - aint that breaking news!"

Don't give me that line of horsetoejam... you are forever spouting "spit dweeb, N1K BS UFO crap, runstang" etc...

And you get offended when you get called a LuftWhiner?

Don't spew it if your gonna cry when it comes back around to you.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2002, 08:34:46 PM »
Do I SW? Maybe a long time ago. I know  complained much about Niki before, but guess what thats cuz I flew it and know waht the wierdness was. Anyway since the FM fix a long time ago I have never had any big concern bout Niki.  As for ruinstang planes, well I dont think that sticks either. La7 and the sort are no trouble. Dont think I complsained about spits either lately.

But I could be wrong. Say what how bout you do a search for the past year or so of my posts bout planes.