Author Topic: headquarters info please  (Read 480 times)

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
headquarters info please
« on: January 01, 2003, 04:18:20 PM »
I would like to know exactly how the headquarters works. I went offline and attacked it building by building but didnt get the strat page to show that any of the 4 radar modes were affected, even when it was totally flat. (i must not have had my arena settings correct) Heres what im asking.

1 Do you have to knock out the main building before any modes go down?(I believe this is how it works, but not sure)

2 Does this thing work on percentages? ie A certain % of the buildings must be destroyed for each radar mode to go down.

3 What is the order that the modes go down, or do certain buildings affect certain modes?(I would think the latter unlikely)

I would like to thank everyone who responds to this thread with helpfull info ahead of time. I have been playing this game 5 months now and have noticed that this is an extremely helpfull community. As a video game addict for some 25 years,(all the way back to that sears game system with nothing but pong on it) I can say that I have never enjoyed a game near as much as this. Thanks HTC and thank you guys.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 05:17:06 PM »
Not sure exactly of the current strat/supply system, but as far as HQ goes it must be fully destroyed to have any beneficial impact on the game.  Full destruction will cause complete loss of radar for the enemy.  Partial destruction will reduce dot/bar radar to just bar dar.

The HQ is resupplied by the City via road/train convoys.  If the City is destroyed before HQ then it will remain down for a longer period of time.  HQ can be resupplied tho, so unless the nearby bases are capped it is only an interim measure.  

Well, that's how it used to work anyway... ;)

The AH 1.11 readme is as follows:-

Adjusted factory and city down times.
Cities are now down for 3 hours.
Factories are 3 hours.
Player supplies now provide 15 minutes of down time.
Convoys & Trains supply 30 mins.
NEXX

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 06:50:57 PM »
When the HQ building is dead, ALL radar is lost.  The big white building is the only important one.

As the building is damaged radar will be progressivly reduced.  First enemy dot, then friendly dot, then enemy bar, then friendly bar(when the whole thing goes).

IIRC, it takes 9000lbs before there is any effect(Enemy dot dar going away).  It does take a total of 18000lbs to kill.

The building cannot be resupplied unless it has been killed.  Resupplying a damaged, but standing HQ has no effect.

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2003, 08:22:16 PM »
thank you very much innominate

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 08:34:21 PM »
{ In the background fuzeman puts his marOOn hat on }

OK, I've tried a few combinations but still can't figure out what IIRC stands for.
Can anyone help me remove my marOOn hat???
[ Hope I don't hijack this thread. ]

fuzemarOOnman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Lazerus1

• Nickel Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 08:40:37 PM »
If I Recall Correctly, IIRC.

Howdy fuzeman :D

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
headquarters info please
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2003, 08:43:52 PM »
ty ty TY , now I can take my marOOn hat off and put my usual dunce hat on :)
Hi Lazerus

If anyone wants a worn out marOON hat, check out e-bay.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54