Author Topic: Letter for the entire HTC crew  (Read 178 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
Letter for the entire HTC crew
« on: September 09, 2000, 12:27:00 AM »
As a show of thanks for 1.04, I hereby invite the entire HTC crew to join a H2H game. As the only member of my now-dead squad [Homicidal Hummingbirds] I will give each member of HTC a ride in the Ju-88. No, not at 20+ thousand feet. At 4 feet. That's right, an entirely NOE flight in a Ju-88 A4 in whichever terrain they choose. In a few days, most likely Wednesday morning, I will host this game for the HTC crew. Provided I can figure out just how to allow someone to join the host.

If you want, we can even get a small group of Ju-88s together and bash a field. It is entirely up to you. Roger-Wilco use is optional. The game will be listed as "Delta 6's Flight School".

Please note that I would ask people stay out of this game until such time as my computer crashes, or the HTC crew takes off for work.

Thanks again,

Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2000, 02:30:00 AM »
You know how to get the ju 88 to work in H2H? I keep getting the message "invalid plane", or something along those lines. Please tell me what the trick is. I will go back over the readme files now and see if there is something I missed.

newguy
The Wrecking Crew

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2000, 02:47:00 AM »
Easy.

Setup button, field settings. Tell it you want all planes enabled from all airfields. You might have to set each airfield individually.

Or there's the easy way: use the BETA terrain. Everything is already enabled.

Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School

Offline Wingnut_0

• Copper Member
      • http://www.Luftjagerkorps.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2000, 03:21:00 AM »

Originally posted by flakbait:
Easy.

Setup button, field settings. Tell it you want all planes enabled from all airfields. You might have to set each airfield individually.

Or there's the easy way: use the BETA terrain. Everything is already enabled.

Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School

hey flak I tried that offline but it still wouldn't let me up in any of the 3 new vehicles.  

Wingnut

Offline newguy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2000, 09:46:00 AM »
Ok flakbait, I tried it and it worked- offline. Gonna go check out H2H now. Thanks for the help  

newguy
The Wrecking Crew

Offline DrSoya

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2000, 06:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by Wingnut:
hey flak I tried that offline but it still wouldn't let me up in any of the 3 new vehicles.

Well, the Field settings window in Setup is not exactly intuitive.

The thing is, if you install 1.04 over an existing installation of AH, you don't get the new 1.04 settings, but your old ones. So by default any new plane is not enabled at any field when in offline or HTH mode since they were not included in the previous versions. You have to manually enable them for all fields.

You select the plane/vehicle to enable, then you click on "enable all".  To tell the truth I don't remember exactly how I did it. I had to play with the buttons and re-try a couple of times before it worked.

If necessary, enable the planes for each individual field.

Don't forget to hit the Save button...

------------------
DrSoya
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
Part of the Northolt Wing (First Polish Fighter Wing)

[This message has been edited by DrSoya (edited 09-09-2000).]