Author Topic: Perk Points lost on Reset?  (Read 275 times)

Offline redphoenix

• Zinc Member
Perk Points lost on Reset?
« on: December 28, 2002, 09:04:18 AM »
I am not sure if I was discoed or what but I lost a 5 kill trip in a P47D-25 that would have netted me about 12+ perk points...

If we aren't supposed to loose perks for a discoed perk plane why would I loose in flight perks I had already earned... actually landed and re-armed 1 of them so why no credit on that one...

Sorry if there is already a thread on this;)

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 09:39:49 AM »
You don't get the perks from a sortie if you disco.

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 09:13:59 PM »
You don't get the perks or the kills when you disco. I have posted/whined about this before. You get a death/disco recorded but nothing you did in that flight gets recorded, ie destrooyed buildings, killed aircraft/vehicals, captured fields ect.

It is a lose, lose situation. The only reason I can think of that would compel HT to make it this way is so that people who like to pull the plug to save thier kills and not get as many deaths wont benifet from doing it. Another thing that Skuzzy sugested but wasn't sure about was that all your kills ect.... was kept on your system untill you land and is then sent to the server.

Maybe HT will post here and explaine or shed some light on why, but he never did in my other posts.:confused:

Booky

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
Wonder if HT will read this?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 08:25:06 PM »
Bump

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 12:42:29 PM »
Your points are recorded on a disco.

On a war reset you are given 5 mins to land them. At the reset no score is loged.

HiTech

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 04:11:24 PM »
HiTech, can you rethink the reset score logging?

The problem is, at a reset, you may or may not be 5 minutes from one of your fields.  From my experience, I'm seldomely that close after a reset... usually halfway across the map.

AKDejaVu

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2003, 07:25:15 PM »
Yes, the problem is not only does the server reset, but the countries reset before this which often leaves you with no place to land.   IMO once the war is "won", all guns should be disabled (armistice) and everyone should be able to land at the nearest field without changing their locations.

J_A_B

Offline Booky

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2003, 08:34:38 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Your points are recorded on a disco.

On a war reset you are given 5 mins to land them. At the reset no score is loged.

HiTech

I guess I was off base when didn't say I was refering to a regular disco not a  reset disco. I can handle being too dumb to land my kills when I get 5 min to do it.

What bothers me is when I suddenly get the TCP error and then sessions lost message but my cable connect never even blinked. Now that 1 hour flight that I have rearmed 2 times on and killed 15+ guys, a few hangers and such gets absolutly not credit. I tested this btw in 1.10, so if 1.11 has this fixed, then I stand corrected.

Edit: Just seen that you said points are recorded, thats great, but kills are what I was mainly upset about. Guess I pray for the perfect world with a perfect internet

OH and thank you very much for posting, It was better than nothing at all.:D

Booky
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 08:36:44 PM by Booky »

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 12:06:38 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
Yes, the problem is not only does the server reset, but the countries reset before this which often leaves you with no place to land.   IMO once the war is "won", all guns should be disabled (armistice) and everyone should be able to land at the nearest field without changing their locations.

The simplest solution would be to disable all AI acks and close every field as soon as the server declares a win. Anyone still in flight can continue to furball to their heart's content, but nobody can take off once they land, and with all the AI guns disabled, any ack that kills you will have someone controlling it (and they had to be gunning when the server declared a win; with the fields closed, they couldn't up in an ack to shoot at you landing).