Author Topic: Whose your.....  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Whose your.....
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2003, 08:10:21 AM »
13th TAS

Not that I "fear" them per se...I've never actually fought one.  Oh sure, I've had them on my six and been turned into a flaming wreak on numerous occassions by them...but never a fight (which is probably just as well).

Whenever I see two or three 'Stangs above me now I just "get out of dodge"as quickly as possible.

One day I'm gonna bounce Toad or Rude...one day...;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2003, 08:10:49 AM »
The Assassins in their uber rides:)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2003, 09:49:14 AM »
Originally posted by Dawggus
there was a Cz P38 Squad that used to rule the skies of the ETO map.  Forget their Squad Name ... Big-R, Big-T, Fluffy, Kitty.  They used to swoop in, kill the acks at our center base, and kill us in droves.
[/B]

The Mighty Fluffs!  If I remember correctly, Big-T's handle was Eustice T. Fluff, Sheriff.  Marcy also flew with them if I'm not mistaken.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2003, 09:58:44 AM »
Originally posted by mipoikel
Some japanese squads can be very nasty when they do co-operate. For example "tokio shock boys".

The only time I hear much from the Tokyo Shock Boys is when they're landing multiple kills in their N1K2's and A6Ms.  And that alone should say something about how good they are.

Whenever I see that squad name, I think of the motorcycle gangs in "Black Rain" and "Akira": leather jackets, fast bikes, and samurai swords.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2003, 10:05:30 AM »
I'd have to say I fear my own squad the most.

I know Honch looks at my six really suspiciously, and let's just say that I wouldn't bend down to pick up the soap with any of those guys around.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2003, 10:11:42 AM »
From an air to air stand point. Frenchy and the 56th. You used to be able to see them coming..but now there are enought jugs in use that you can be in the middle of them and not know it till they start working together. All good sticks. Very cool to watch the buffer when they land squad kills one after the other.

From  a squad strat stand point.
The MAW. They dont stop and they come to get the job done. If you dont get up 15 pilots to oppose them they get what they came for.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2003, 10:14:34 AM by Pongo »

Offline SpadMan

• Zinc Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2003, 10:14:07 AM »
I would say The AK's..

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2003, 10:56:23 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
From an air to air stand point. Frenchy and the 56th. You used to be able to see them coming..but now there are enought jugs in use that you can be in the middle of them and not know it till they start working together. All good sticks. Very cool to watch the buffer when they land squad kills one after the other.

cc that Pongo.  I've been seeing many Jugs lately... myself included!  I might become a jug addict  ;)

I'd also have to say the 56th, along with the 13th TAS.  I love to see good coordination.  A few 13th members have a perfectly timed pounce that usually sends me running whenever I encounter them (they're usually 15k over my head tho :D).

VMF-323 has excellent squad ops when we get off our lazy arses and work together :D  In the past, we have a record of 12 second (not totally sure) field closures.

Anything coordinated (and not a massive horde) is awesome fun.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Whose your.....
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2003, 10:57:48 AM »
No fear involved but I have a healthy dose of respect for The Assassins, 56th, MAW, massed AK raids, 3./JG2 and lastly my old squadron LuftJagerKorps (LJK) which has passed into the history books.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2003, 10:59:01 AM »
It's easy... the AK. You don't find one or two in the MA; you find 20+.
sand

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2003, 11:09:32 AM »
No fear involved ... just results and impact ... AKs ... <>

Love fightin' with the AKs :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline janneh

• Copper Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2003, 11:27:52 AM »
Althought the question relates heavily to the time zone that you play in, I'd say that in my time zone (CET) the 56th FG is the one you should beware of. You never encounter such teamwork as in 56th. Be behind of one jug of the 56th and you can count on that there's another jug behind you.
Any time I face multiple P-47's, I'm very careful.

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2003, 12:08:44 PM »
I don't fear any squads.  I respect a few, though.  Off the top of my head: 13th, 56th, TED, AK.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple, but those squads are a joy to watch work, and engage.  Some great sticks in there.... to you guys.

can't forget to mention the squads I work with...all that participate in the RJO.  Ghostdancer, you lead some great coordinated assaults.  Always a pleasure to fly with you guys.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Whose your.....
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2003, 12:28:27 PM »
I wouldn't say fear, but I search for AK's,  its fun to try and bust up their captures.   Curly makes you work for those goon kills.

I like'm because they're sneaky bastages, like us.

AirScrew

Offline gunnss

• Nickel Member
      • https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/
Fear and Beer
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2003, 01:19:38 PM »
Hmm, it woul have to be the 444th Air Mafia after the 2000 AW con in Indy, I had brewed and bottled a special beer for them and the "Con goers" Hijacked before the rest of the squad got any...... Felt really hunted there for a while

Gunns
5,486 HP 110 MPH @500 tons
My other "ride"
http://nmslrhs.org/Photos/photos.php
Alt History, The butterfly made me do it.....
https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/