Author Topic: Observation: Changes in MA style in the last month or so..  (Read 3013 times)

Offline TheFatz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.linuxhaven.com
Observation: Changes in MA style in the last month or so..
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2003, 03:49:41 PM »
A larger, multi course arena would be nice.  Cage was working on a good one, like 4 possible routes, with some seperation in them.  All of them had horde break points, etc.

Fatz

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2003, 03:58:02 PM »
Originally posted by TheFatz
A larger, multi course arena would be nice.  Cage was working on a good one, like 4 possible routes, with some seperation in them.  All of them had horde break points, etc.

Fatz

OK, I could go fer dat.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2003, 05:18:14 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
wide... I don't like the "lives" limit... It would not affect me ( i don't normally die 6 times an hour) but I think it would effect HTC income without really improving gameplay a great deal.   If I did happen to have a real bad day and died 6 times before my hour was up I would probly get pissed and log off when I couldn't up again... I would probly like the game a lot less if squaddies had to leave.

jakal.. whatever...  I watched you play.   I think that you are not seeing that your countrymen are using u as a battering ram... you die and they come in high with impunity and vultch.  If you don't see it... fine but... I would rather kill them than you... at least until you get a little more experiance.
lazs

LMAO I like this, slipped in nice and casual like. I watched you too. That ack keeping you nice and warm, huh?
  What your not seeing is called teamwork. I don`t expect you to. It`s totaly too much fun for you to grasp and it doesn`t serve to pump your ego that seems to need vast amounts of feeding on a regular basis. Some of us could give a rat`s rear about becoming Tard Of The Year or Ranked #1 , we play to have fun. Play the game, have fun, enjjjjoooooooooyyyyy!:cool:
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2003, 06:30:28 AM »
I would probly like the game a lot less if squaddies had to leave.
Oh yeah? Well as Jackal has got us on to the subject of teamwork, I'm pleased to see that Lazs enjoys the company of his squaddies, ie teamwork. Erm, Lazs - that would be (another) 180° degree turn from what you said almost a year ago in this thread of mine, in which you said
For a lot of us... A game is all about fun. If we wanted teamwork and organization we woulda stayed at work and been making the overtime or furthering our carrers.
But that's OK. I'm glad you have seen the light. But a classic U-turn nonetheless. :D Not as dramatic as Mr. Toad's U-turn on which I commented above. But, being a real life pilot, he is allowed. Every pilot knows (especially British VFR pilots in British weather - lol) that a 180° turn is sometimes the most sensible choice you can make, even if it buggers up your planned outing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 06:34:43 AM by beet1e »

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »
Here's my observation. For about 12 months now the arena has become a getaway plane, sucide jabo, furball fiesta .

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2003, 10:03:34 AM »
beetle... I have my coms set so that I can only talk to squaddies ..I enjoy talking to them .. no big secret strat conspiricy there... simple enough?   Ask them how much "strat" we use... best is probly... "I'm dragging the world, ya wanna get a few of these guys off me?"

as for RPS... no.   If you don't consider perking the uber planes to be RPS then you can't consider my suggestion to perk uber bombs as being RPS.   Those who know me know that I would rather have an early war "area" within the arena (i may have mentioned it once or twice)  and no perks at all.   What I am suggesting here is a bandaid... very simple first aid.. triage.  much like limiting the effect no talent fluffers (which you also opposed) is a band aid and.... something that HTC realizes needs to be done.

The gameplay problem is complex and an "area" arena is a fairly complex solution (that would work) so for now...  I will settle for a few bandaids that improve gameplay.

jakal... teamwork is not being the lemming while the older and smarter guys use u as a suicide battering ram your idea of "teamwork" would  be the same as calling being someones squeak in prison "teamwork"
lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2003, 12:29:23 PM »
beetle... I have my coms set so that I can only talk to squaddies ..I enjoy talking to them .. no big secret strat conspiricy there... simple enough?   Ask them how much "strat" we use... best is probly... "I'm dragging the world, ya wanna get a few of these guys off me?"

as for RPS... no.   If you don't consider perking the uber planes to be RPS then you can't consider my suggestion to perk uber bombs as being RPS.   Those who know me know that I would rather have an early war "area" within the arena (i may have mentioned it once or twice)  and no perks at all.   What I am suggesting here is a bandaid... very simple first aid.. triage.  much like limiting the effect no talent fluffers (which you also opposed) is a band aid and.... something that HTC realizes needs to be done.

The gameplay problem is complex and an "area" arena is a fairly complex solution (that would work) so for now...  I will settle for a few bandaids that improve gameplay.

jakal... teamwork is not being the lemming while the older and smarter guys use u as a suicide battering ram your idea of "teamwork" would  be the same as calling being someones squeak in prison "teamwork"
lazs
:

You have such a natural talent for proving some one elses point for them. It`s a shame you can`t make yours. The older guys? lol Leeeetle one  you know not of what you speak. #1 I don`t "suicide". #2 No one uses me for anything. You see I`m secure enough to stand on my own 2 feet. You might get there in time, I doubt it.  We could go into the little indiscretion of yours you and I know about but I`m sure you allready have page after page of blabber to justify that to yourself. To sum it up, I`m just wasting precious space here that you could be using to pump up that ego, so I am going to leave you to it. Place yourself firmly in front of that magnificaction mirror and go to it. I leave you to your quality inflation time undisturbed.:D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2003, 12:33:49 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2003, 08:47:10 AM »
Ok jakal.. maybe you are "older"... we will leave it at "smarter" then.   You are a "dive and die, building battler" the times I seen you.   I say fine but... I would like to see gameplay evened out a bit so that you have less effect.   "little" ?  I am 6'1" @190, little by funked standards but about average I should think.   I was born before the previous century was half over.   And... I have never claimed that I had anything more than mediocre talent for flight sims and AH in particular.   Now... back to work... I hear your buddies calling... they need a "brave" soldier to suicide some fuel or acks or buildings so that they can vultch with impunity..  
lazs