Author Topic: Htc.. Fix Your Damn Vox!!!!  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
Htc.. Fix Your Damn Vox!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2003, 06:41:04 PM »
Dunno about the voice cutting out when you are online because as I said it never happens to me, but film is a whole nuther animal, Midnight.  After I think 1.10 the film viewer has become just about un-usable.  Ever since voice was integrated into the files.  The film viewer crashes if you look at it wrong, and forget about exporting to AVI.  So sad because reviewing films used to be one of my favorite features in AH.... I really wish HTC would make it the bullet proof tool it used to be.
--
sancho

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
We just changed
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2003, 07:48:19 PM »
It was so bad, we would lose com then try to finish the mission, quit the MA and start another.  About half the way though 2 or 3 of us would lose com and do it again.  

We just changed our squad fqcy and have not had a problem yet (crossing my fingers).

Good Huntin

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2003, 08:26:32 PM »
ok I used to have bad vox (like ver sion 1.10) heres my system:
1.1ghz athon
A7V mother board
Geforce 2 GTS 64 Mb AGP - display 1
Matrox Mystique  PCI  -  display 2
512Mb pc133 sdram
duel boot-  windows XP Pro/windows Me - use windows XP pro to play AH
soundblaster Live!
Microsoft FF 2 joystick

my vox problem was solved when I updated SURMIX to SURMIX2, well it wasn't solved as much as reversed, sometimes now when I boot up my machine I have to unclick the mic boost as it is to distorted and loud, where before it used to be too quiet.
It also never drops out during play unlike before the change.

I dont know what happened but I'm happy :)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2003, 10:21:46 PM »
again .. not gonna read all this  but...

my CO JB42 drops vox about 5-10 times per NIGHT!

he uses DSL and gets weird pings sometimes. (on a funny note for the last few weeks he gets screwed connect @ 10pm CST every night... 3 nights ago we found out his roomate was logging onto WinMx @ 10pm every night to DL mp3's faster LMFAO) but the vox prob still continues even though the roomate isin't online.

i use roadrunner (cable) and havent lost vox since AH version 1.09.

oh well my 2¢
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2003, 12:59:11 AM »
Five our six of us in our squad couldn't keep vox going tonight.  Whole thing seem's wierd to me... prior to 1.11, I was dumping vox every other flight.  Then after, I hardly ever dropped at all until tonight.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2003, 04:42:20 AM »
Hiya Skuzzy,

yesterday our whole squad lost voice! This happens on a regular bases but most times only a few lose their voice.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2003, 06:40:26 AM »
I have no VOX problems and have never had it cutting out. SBLive and 100% acceleration.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Mogi

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2003, 08:57:47 AM »
Our squad has had an occasional problem with Vox, but nothing severe.  Many of us remember the Air Warrior "Vox of Death" and how so many problems with Vox are related to user hardware and software.  I solved my AW Vox problems by simply downgrading to a SB16-PCI and all my problems were solved.  It's annoying, but very tricky to duplicate and thus fix.  As Skuzzy suggested, make sure you're not running any other apps in the background, use a PCI soundcard, not onboard sound, and occasional network traffic can cause a problem.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2003, 11:56:43 AM »
mine died twice last night, wingmans onece, and about 2other guys in a 10 man squad. id say is fubar.

my sys

abit a7v266 xp 1900( onboard sound) 512 mg mem

radion 8500

xp pro totaly updated.