Author Topic: AH Merchandise  (Read 922 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2003, 10:49:36 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
I'd like to see collectible quality scale models of Aces High aircraft and ground vehicles such as the terrific Matchbox 1/72 metal P-51, F-4U, Spit, Hellcat, P-40, and P-38.

If you don't mind assembling and painting yourself, then you can get most of the Aces High aircraft from the Airfix and Heller collections.  Airfix used to produce "Special Edition" 1/72 kits for Pips Priller, Adolph Galland, William McCampbell, and Roger Hedrick's aircraft.  I know Hasagawa makes kits for George Preddy's P-51D and Thomas Maguire's P-38.  Heller carries a Hellcat kit and Wildcat kit to matches the ones in Aces High.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2003, 10:53:36 AM »
I'd buy the obvious: a set of silver pilot's wings, but whereas some wings have specialty markings (a balloon to indicate a balloon pilot, for example), I'd like to see a set of silver wings with either a PC monitor and keyboard, or a joystick on them, or even just the Aces High logo suitable for pinning on a leather flight jacket.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2003, 11:41:36 AM »
AH pilot's wings and pint glasses... I'd buy those for sure.  While pilot's wings would be cool, pint glasses would be a necessity.

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2003, 11:43:37 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
I'd like to see collectible quality scale models of Aces High aircraft and ground vehicles such as the terrific Matchbox 1/72 metal P-51, F-4U, Spit, Hellcat, P-40, and P-38.

YEAH this would really be cool!!!

Offline TeeDog

• Zinc Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2003, 06:58:45 PM »
Originally posted by Duedel
YEAH this would really be cool!!!

That would be cool.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2003, 05:09:02 AM »
These are all good suggestions.

For people in my neck of the woods I would also like to see a AH gunrack for my pick-em-up truck, a nice chrome or silver AH spitoon, a pair of Justin (TM) cowboy boots with the AH logo, and AH longsleeve western shirts. :)

Seriously, I too like the idea of the 1/72nd scale models and coffee mugs.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
AH Merchandise
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2003, 05:17:41 AM »
Gatso - I can hold about 8 pints. Many more, and I start to develop a strong affinity for the ground. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2003, 08:28:01 AM »
MarkAt, don't forget the Ace's High silver belt buckle, 15- or 17-inch.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2003, 09:11:03 AM »
Originally posted by gofaster
If you don't mind assembling and painting yourself, then you can get most of the Aces High aircraft from the Airfix and Heller collections.  Airfix used to produce "Special Edition" 1/72 kits for Pips Priller, Adolph Galland, William McCampbell, and Roger Hedrick's aircraft.  I know Hasagawa makes kits for George Preddy's P-51D and Thomas Maguire's P-38.  Heller carries a Hellcat kit and Wildcat kit to matches the ones in Aces High.

Tamiya makes a F4U-1D Corsair in 1/48 with the AH paint scheme.  Here's a link: http://www.ehobbies.com/mo-tam-60752.html

The description says its 1/72 but I believe that's an error.  Its actually 1/48 scale.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2003, 10:05:08 AM »
I found a little bitty scale Corgi Pony in full "Cripes Amighty" livery. Its awful detailed for itty bitty scale. Got it at wally world for a dollar two ninety eight. ($3.50)

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2003, 10:56:20 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Gatso - I can hold about 8 pints. Many more, and I start to develop a strong affinity for the ground. ;)

Yeah, thats about my limit on a Friday night type scenario. Usually limit myself to 3 or so on weeknights, Beer glass/mug seems like a popular idea doesn't it. I wonder why? ;)

I can eat 14 Wheetabix though :p :D

I really like gofasters idea of a pin badge or set of wings too. Shows your support without being overtly 'in your face' like the T-shirt is. (I'm still coming to terms with my dweeb status :D, I don't like to advertise too much) ) Something like this in chrome, maybe a limited edition silver/gold plated one could be made for winning a future competition?

Gatso

(something like this maybe?)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 11:16:05 AM by gatso »

Offline Psyco

• Zinc Member
AH Merchandise
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2003, 11:13:31 AM »
I love the pint mug idea, etched or silk screened, they would used with pride, and shared with few.

Psyco

Offline CMC Airboss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
AH Merchandise
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2003, 01:53:36 PM »
Something similar to these products would be great.

MiG