Author Topic: Perk costs when spawned (bug?)  (Read 420 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Perk costs when spawned (bug?)
« on: January 13, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »
Happened a few times now.

few days ago took a perk ride up for 170 perks, (price when i took off) and 20 or so minutes later i was shot down and lost 209!

I thought it was going to be set so you lose the perk value that was set when you launch, not when you die?

what if a guy only has 180 perks buys a 262 at that price and then he dies and looses 210? will he be -30 perks?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 07:53:32 PM »
Was it your first mission, if so there can be lags in showing the roster. The host and your FE are not always exactly = on the number of players,but normaly are very close, unless you just loged in, or you were sitting in the hangar for a very long time.

HiTech

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 07:59:54 PM »
The same thing has happened to me on the rare occasion that I take up a perk plane.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 10:58:25 PM »
Same here.

Are the cost of the perk rides determined when you view them in the hangar just before rolling or just before death in flight?  The perk multiplier could very well have changed during your flight, Hazed.  You could roll an Me262 costing 170 in hangar... in flight the roster numbers change along with perk multiplier... new cost is 210 perks for a 262... you get shot down and costs ya 210.  ??

Not sure if its supposed to work that way or not.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 08:53:35 AM »
They are dertmind at click of flight time, by the host.

HiTech

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 09:36:11 AM »
HT, can you double check that pls?   Only this rings a bell.......next time I'm taking perkies up I'll take careful notes cos I have no evidence for ya.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 09:46:53 AM »
Already did before the post swoop.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 05:53:42 PM »
if you enter the hangar and see the perk cost, but wait a few seconds bofore clicking the runway button the  cost may have changed dramaticly.

suggest entering hangar, loading up the plane you want, exiting the hangar, going in again and hit rw at once if you like the price.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 09:57:10 PM »
this wasnt in a mission I simply went to hanger saw the multiplier looked good and saw me262 at 170 so i took off and flew around for quite a while.(im guessing 20 mins).

when i died in a dogfight i ended in tower and went to the hanger for my next plane and saw id lost -209 (or something similar with decimal)

it has happened before too with the costs of the tiger.

the difference in numbers would have to be fairly drastic to change the cost by some 40 odd points wouldnt it? can this happen in a few seconds? If it is some sort of delay between the server and whats displayed in my list how can i be sure of the price? do i need to refresh the list constantly?

I suppose there is a possiblility i was in the hanger for a while before i launched.I do sometimes sit chatting but as far as i can remember it wasnt the case here.Problem is i cant be entirely sure so ill have to watch it next time and see if i can work out what was happenning.If anyone else could also test it that would be cool.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 01:02:20 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Already did before the post swoop.

Heh.  Sorted.  ;)

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2003, 09:17:20 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
If anyone else could also test it that would be cool.

Such testing would be rather costly yes? ;)

Seriously though, I think/thought it was happeneing to - I could swear i lost more than I spent a time or two - but in light of hitech's looking into it now I am not so sure.