Author Topic: This Game Is Totally Flawd  (Read 620 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
This Game Is Totally Flawd
« on: January 12, 2003, 03:22:39 AM »
Ok, Here I am sitting in my Tiger and a Flak comes driving straight for me. About 100 ft I fire and nothing happens. He continues and drives right thru me and my Tiger blows up. So I try it. I take a Flak, drive straight at a Tiger, he fires same distance and I blow up before I can drive thru him.  This is what is so screwed up with AH....inconsistancy. In another case I fire from my Tiger point blank 5 times at another Tiger and nothing happens. He fires once and takes out my guns. A second shot from a pnzr and I'm dead.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 03:42:19 AM »
Welcome to Arcade High, Viking. :(

I had a tiger survive rockets, and bombs unscathed, only to be detracked and killed by a 37mm manned field gun.

Go figure eh?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 03:59:06 AM »
In my experience these things just happen and to one extent ot another always have.

When u sense something aint quite right (or when your just plain out of luck), go to a different part of the map and try something different.

No sense getting all bunched up about it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 03:27:02 PM »
Granted, AH has some problems with wild inconsistency, but if you think that reality is so consistent, think again.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 07:49:39 PM »
On his FE he didn't drive straight at you, or through you.

Though this is the first time I've heard of vehicles dying due to lag induced differences.  That must have been some serious lag on his end or your end.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 02:00:49 AM »
oh yea, the flak did drive into me. I blew up as his rear side was passing thru. The only thing I could think of since I have driven thru enemy gv before is that he fired a shot just as we merged as one thereby shooting the inside of my tank.

As for reality not being consistant either.... well I'm sure I could drive over a piece of wood with a tank about a cazillion times and I wouldn't blow up.

It's just AH's programming errors (or gameplay errors). When someone can shoot a half mile away with a tiger and kill my tiger yet I can sit to the backside of a tiger and put round after round in it and nothing happens, that's simply a messed up sim.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 09:47:39 AM »
I was going to start a thread similar to this...although the title was gonig to be a bit different ;).

Last night I am in a tower and notice an enemy flakpanzer rolling down the hill towards my vh.  So, I upped a tiger to intercept him.

When I get out the vh and train my guns on the flak, he's merrily shooting the vh.  Obviously he was so intent on killing the VH he didn't see me as a threat.  I open fire from point blank.  Direct hit.  Zero result.  Again I fire, again nothing.  I then switched my ammo load to HE shells.  I fired two more times at the flak.  Nothing.  Apparently though, I've annoyed him enough because he starts to fire upon me.  I circle around his machine, continuing to fire both AP and HE shells directly into him...from all angles.  He gives up firing on me, and lays back into the VH, as his shells are just bouncing off the tiger.  Finally, the VH explodes.  He is sitting right next to it, so he simply exits his vehicle.  I get no credit for a kill, because he wasn't damaged.  In the end, I took a total of 16 shots at the flak, using both HE and AP rounds.  I hit that thing from every angle.

Needless to say, it was rather frustrating.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 01:25:59 PM »
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but film it and post it.  Without that it's all just open to interpretation as to what was happening.  I saw a film once where the guy thought he was hitting the Ostie but was infact hitting a tree.  If it's happening often for you, then a film shouldn't be a problem to get.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline cobra427

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 03:49:49 PM »
hey that drive'n in the tank and shoot'n thing happens on WWIIOL all the time ....... its funnyer than heck when your sitt'n there and you see an infantrys pistol and arm stick'n through the front of your tank and kills ya.........

never heard of it here though

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 04:08:31 PM »
stop whining like a girl and report it in the bug forum

OR write ur own code and do better .. yeah that's it :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2003, 12:09:15 AM »
As for reality not being consistant either.... well I'm sure I could drive over a piece of wood with a tank about a cazillion times and I wouldn't blow up.

You were complaining about getting shot, not running over twigs. :rolleyes: