Author Topic: This is Y we have Squadmates  (Read 471 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
This is Y we have Squadmates
« on: January 14, 2003, 09:52:27 AM »
went into the game....did a few runs...nothing happening that was much fun....didn't have space suit to fight the rooks:D

1 thing happened that changed everything......

from squad channel.......I need HELP said our squaddie!!!!!

thats it.....5 squaddies.....4 gv's....1 plane....to defend from a constant line of fighters an jabo's tryin to take our VH base....I was the lone fighter...in my super uber YAK9-T....after avoiding every HO on every merge, I finally got 5 scalps....and dragged many to my squaddie friends waiting to get feed....well we finally discouraged our opponents away:p ......got so many check 6 an watch this an watch that from my squaddies in GV's that i never used my 6 view....it was like having 10 pairs of eyes around my head....was a blast......

2nd experience.....

me an squad mate Dsrtrat take 2 tif's to a certain enemy base....friendly gv's say....VULCH LITE ON.....wow:eek: ...we gonna have fun....i was hvy...rat wasn't.....Friendly asked to dump eggs on city...will do I reply......now do I vulch 2 or check my squadmates 6......couldn't vulch em all so I decided to check my mates 6.....we both made it back home...with a few close calls.....Thanks to our Bishop friendly GV's for deackin base:D...dsrtrat landed 11...I got 3 plus most of the city down...2 minutes later  BASE ? captured by bishops :eek:

2 runs that made my day....thats why I have squadmates:D

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 12:02:44 PM »
you should try flying a TOD with the FDBs. always a target rich environment when kill shooter is off :D

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 12:13:53 PM »
No doubt about it SLO. Having squad mates around makes things much, much easier.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 10:03:52 AM »
lol moloch.....

ya see resckle...I'm one of those who likes to fly low and let them come at me....I prefer fightin 2 or 3 at the same time...makes it waaaaaay more fun for me. I die sometimes....and I survive some

that means I use my views alot in a fight...but when you got squaddies in gv's doin it for ya....IT REALLY HELPS:eek: ...and I survived

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 10:55:19 AM »
Hmmm....we have a different approach:

Tired of fighting the roaring vulching bishop masses, a squaddie and I decide to take off in ponys and gain some alt to counter the lemming horde. :D

We do so, and fly to the T/O Bishop base. We spot a low dot incoming, presumably lemm...err....bishop.

It turned out to be a Pony, flying to join the perma-vulch. We decided to tangle. Since both, my squadmate and me, were microphone-impaired, we had to type. Rook are famous for their coordination, and this sigle issue takes its time. We do our homework and type the lengthy instructions to get coordinated: open squad channel, type: "IN", then sight back to cockpit, never look at the chat bar again.:D

Let the bogie pass below us (we had some good 2k. alt advantage), and I make a lazy Split-S, to build speed and bounce him from behind and below, hoping he don't notice me. I lost sight of my squaddie, and assume he is staing high to cover a possible bandit.

Now I'm closing *really* fast, and I'm having a clear look of his rear quarter and belly....I start salivating....Easy pull at around 700 yds, and start shooting like mad when at 300. In a matter of nanoseconds, I see the Bish pony smoking, and then losing a wing, then *BOOOM*....scratch one pony....hmmmmm I dĄdn't remember the pony as to having so much firepower???

I start an easy climb and routinely scan my 6, only to see that my squaddie had opted for a much more aggresive movement. Our mic-less coordination was not enough to avoid me getting fast and below my squaddie, and running into his bullet path.....scratch two ponys.....

That's *really* what saquaddies are for...

Now I only have to find my FDB appointment  :D

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 08:29:07 AM »
lol pepe...good 1:D