Author Topic: How to have fun in AH?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2003, 01:40:07 PM »
if AH is getting boring maybe you're spending too much time playing it.. just a thought.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 01:41:43 PM »
poopster seems to have a handle on this.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2003, 01:45:55 PM »
I thought LiveForSpeed was out already ?!?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2003, 01:46:18 PM »
Wlfgang I am barely playing as it is. I really do like the game but I feel as if there just isnt anything fun for me. So I'm asking for new suggestions. :(

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2003, 01:48:32 PM »
there was a post about this sort of a few weeks back....

try hunting 1 player or squad.

for example choose the III/Jabostaffel :)

look for a squad member to land and find what they are flying. then goto the front of that country and try to just pick out who they might be.

if im fighting the knights for example, i look for a 109 flying a certain way. it might be a certain member of a squad i wont name that we the III/Jabostaffel have a relationship with. i'll try to pick out that 109 and isolate him for a 1-1 fight.

another idea is to try and kill only 1 type of plane for a night/week. choose B17's for example and get up high in a 190 or other buff killer and patrol. see how many you can get before you get killed. or try killing only typhoons all night. they are easy to find .... but evade all other fighters... thats NOT so easy.

oh well my 2¢
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2003, 01:49:26 PM »
I understand Grun.  I barely play any more either.

it's RL for me.. ski season, hockey season, etc..
maybe all ya' need is a RL diversion .
It makes flying fun for me again even though I suck worse than ever because I never fly.. it IS more fun ;)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2003, 01:53:32 PM »
Play Morrowind.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2003, 01:55:10 PM »
Hehe Mazz... My Personal Best lap time to date is 1:31:47 :p

Wlfgng no Live For Speed will be out i believe Late Feb.

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2003, 02:15:21 PM »
After playing AH - go out and buy all the other Flight Sims -

WW2OL (I'm still pissed I payed 50 for it) I need a CRAY to run it

IL-2 (great damage model, but something about FM feels weird)

CFS3 ( I took this back although I dug some of the new planes)
FM is horrible

Moral is - I end up right back at AH, not because of the best graphics, damage modeling or FM, but community, playability and diversity

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2003, 02:24:05 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I've been doing some F1 2002 by EASports.  How does Total Immersion Racing compare?  I favor the American LeMans and Trans-Am type cars, but I couldn't tell if TIR was as good as F12002.

TIR is ok.  It not a top notch product like F12002 - definately needs some brushing up - and the driving physics are much more arcade-like (the AWD cars almost NEVER lose adhesion) but its fun - theres a nice carrer mode where different teams bid for you as a driver depending on your performance - sounds are good - the engine note of the Panoz is incredible.  I cant say I would recommend it though - you'd be better off downloading the GT mod for F12002 (do a search, link is listed on this BBS somewhere)

WT - I dont think Ive played LFS is about a month - I think my best lap was somwehere about there in the FWD car.  My plate says "944 Turbo" say hi if you see me.  ;)

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2003, 02:26:57 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
I furball against the odds... Keeps me goin..

That's what I'll be doing once this tour is over.
Army of Muppets

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2003, 02:35:14 PM »
A bunch of us MAWs went to the DA about a week or 2 ago and went to crookedest caynon layout we could find.

We all spawned 163s facing the canyon with engines off. On the count of 3 we all started engines, lifted off, and raced NOE (200ft AGL) thru the canyon.

TOTAL BLAST !!! ... for some of us ... literally :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2003, 02:58:45 PM »
Well, on the rare occasions that I just don't feel excited about WW2 fighter v fighter combat, I just go do some Real Life task that I'm not that thrilled about doing.

Cleaning the basement and putting away the wife's 2, 321 Christmas decorations for example.

A little bit of RL makes me pine for an AH furball.

Maybe you're just playing too much... it can happen. Do some RL junk for a while and the allure may come back.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2003, 03:02:47 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
I cant say I would recommend it though - you'd be better off downloading the GT mod for F12002 (do a search, link is listed on this BBS somewhere)

Got something like it already - the Sports Car GT package from RSDG.Net along with their Sebring and LeMans tracks.  Total blast!  I race Sebring almost to the exclusion of the other tracks because I've been to Sebring several times and get a kick driving past the viewing berms where I've sat.

Ok, that's the sort of info I was looking for.  I'll pass on TIR and do some more d/ling of mods.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
How to have fun in AH?
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2003, 03:14:54 PM »
Pace yourself Grun.  Try some other games between AH cravings.  For a complete change, Sphincter Cell is to be releasd for the PC in a day or so.  I already ordered my copy.. the demo kicked bellybutton and I can't wait.  

http://www.splintercell.com

Check it out ^

aside from other games...

I heard something about news concerning future updates being posted early this week (eagerly anticipating the me410).  That should give ya something to look forward to.  The mission arena is SURE to change things... no more MA nonsense for a while.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]