Author Topic: BAH! My new gun is unsafe.  (Read 1409 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bug
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2003, 11:31:42 AM »
It is not about money, it is about a freedom we have in the States, and most of us want to keep that freedom.

Guns are illegal where you are from, great, but that won't stop criminals from using them.

A gun can be just as safe as a car, it is all about caution and training.

You 73 bug is an antique by today's car standards, and not a safe one, no air bags, sub standard brakes, no crush zones etc.

Not to mention it was probably made with used beer cans left over by the U.S. forces in Germany! :)

I would not want my kids riding in that death trap any more then I would want them around guns without proper supervision and training.

But I will not tell you to not drive it or preach to you about how it could kill you, nor would I advocate your government coming to take it away.  

Freedom is more important that Granny laws.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
BAH! My new gun is unsafe.
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2003, 11:40:33 AM »
skuzzy.. I find it more than a little interesting that you have heard that people who like firearms like them more than people but you then go on to say that you have never believed the gun propoganda.   Could it be that you are selective in the propoganda you believe?

I don't really care how people feel about guns so long as they don't vote for more gun control.  

Gto... my poor old worn out A1 allways locks back and shoots every grundgy round I feed it.  I am starting to like that gun.
lazs

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2003, 11:42:32 AM »
Very relative but not to my car.

Buying a 400 HPS fast sportscar by todays standards is much more dangerous than driving a 50hps beetle.

What freedom in USA ?

-To walk topless on the beach

-Lyrics in music are sensored

-To smoke pot etc.

U can start a militairy like organisation like the KKK etc.

WOW!!!!

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2003, 11:46:20 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Gto... my poor old worn out A1 allways locks back and shoots every grundgy round I feed it.  I am starting to like that gun.
lazs

That's because the Colt 1911 (made by Colt) is the perfect pistol.  The several thousand rounds I've fired through my Series 70 Gov't model proves that.

Just as the Winchester Model 70 is the perfect rifle.  :D

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2003, 11:52:56 AM »
Gto how many gun and ammo factorys, stores live on this law.

The same reason why the cigarette industry still exists.

huh?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2003, 11:55:21 AM »
[qoute]Very relative but not to my car.

Buying a 400 HPS fast sportscar by todays standards is much more dangerous than driving a 50hps beetle.

What freedom in USA ?

-To walk topless on the beach

-Lyrics in music are sensored

-To smoke pot etc.[/quote]

You can go nude an some beaches here...... what a great freedom to be so proud of.

What music is Censored? I see warning labels, but no censorship, hell there are all kinds of songs about kill cops and stuff.

To smoke pot? You think this is some kind of great freedom? That is a whole other debate.

Your car is not safe, and not even as close to as safe as a 400 hp sports car! lol You get hit by anything, and your car and probably you and your passengers are Toast.

Least that 400 hp sports car has modern features to keep it out of trouble like antilock brakes and traction control, not to mention all the other safety features.

It amazes me anyone could want to own a bug, they are crappy cars, do you have pants 5 sizes to big for you and wear your hat pointed to the side? Thats all I see driving bugs around here.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bug
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2003, 11:58:02 AM »
You argument is lame. You think gun owners should be out of business cause there product does its job? Making a comparison to the cigarette industry is pretty lame to.

Guns unlike cigarettes will never harm their user/owner if used properly.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2003, 11:59:44 AM »
Sigh but a 125hp motorcycle is much safer offcourse to

U don't understand i guess.

For that sportscar u need some experience to drive it dude

But anyone can drive it.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Dune
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2003, 12:00:54 PM »
"That's because the Colt 1911 (made by Colt) is the perfect pistol. The several thousand rounds I've fired through my Series 70 Gov't model proves that.

Just as the Winchester Model 70 is the perfect rifle. "

I would almost agree, the basic 1911A1 is a pretty damn good gun, but I have heard bad things about the ones coming from Colt now.

I would put my money on a Sig 220 for out of the box reliability and accuracy now..

I say the M1 garand is the perfect rifle!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2003, 12:51:16 PM »
Golfers experience creates a nice 'what if' scenario.

What if the jealous boyfriend couldnn't easily get a gun? Could he have killed  all three easily with a knife?

Here it takes knowledge of the black market to get a handgun. Even then it ain't easy, and it sure ain't cheap.

I suspect a good number of firearms related deaths in the US is a gunowner or someone in his/her family using the gun on loved ones or friends/acquaintances.

The 'emotionally motivated' shootings is what worries me most with extremely lax gun regulation. A gun is a force multiplier - the risk of persoanl injury in an attack is great with fists, bit lower with knife, and much, much lower with gun.

Anyone have some statistics on this?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Bug,
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2003, 12:59:37 PM »
Maybe it is you who does not understand.

You car is much les safe then any modern car, your car Not your driving or anyone else's.

You car is a primitive unsafe automobile.

How it is driven does not mater.

I do not understand what your trying to get at, in your last post.  Who is talking motorcycles? Or driving ability.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2003, 01:39:30 PM »
-Let me see my car is simple but not obsolete.

-Ever wondered why this car is still made ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

-Yep my car is old but not unsafe.

-Cars these days have ABS and all kinds off stuff

-But cars in the future have more options  people than will say  
 that car u drive now is unsafe.

A bit ridicilus isn't it??

Take the mercedes A class for example  it didn't pass the eland test.
This modern cars needs a electronic system to keep it on the road under some circumstances.

My beetle passes that test easily without electronic help.

Better these old cars like my beetle is made from pretty strong (german) metal.

U wish cars these days have that quality steel.

Ur opinion on the beetle is very far off

This car is not for nothing the most succesfull car ever builded
No other car will ever pass the beetles succes.

Take that.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
LOL
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2003, 01:47:11 PM »
Bug, hey you own it, I am glad you like it, and maybe where you from they do not have the same stigma they have here.

I have yet to meet a person in the states who owned a bug and liked it who was not a complete looser. They are the car of the looser teen who can not aford a honda in the states for the most part!

And take what, I think we still may not be understanding each other, the beetle may still be made in mexico or where ever, but they can't be sold new in the states since they do not meet our safety requirments for new cars. (I think)

Why are we even talking about this?

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Re: Bug
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2003, 02:14:20 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2

You 73 bug is an antique by today's car standards, and not a safe one, no air bags, sub standard brakes, no crush zones etc.

Not to mention it was probably made with used beer cans left over by the U.S. forces in Germany! :)

I would not want my kids riding in that death trap any more then I would want them around guns without proper supervision and training.

No Crush zones? In a Beetle? Man you don't know squat about cars do you.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Habu
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2003, 02:19:59 PM »
A 73 bug has crush zones?

LoL

I know enough about some cars, but never claimed to be an expert.