Author Topic: "happy" anniversary  (Read 1168 times)

Offline hawk220

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2003, 02:42:44 PM »
You can't legislate morality....even though "conservatives" wish they could.  

actually, we legislate morality everyday.. we say you can't run a red light..we say  you can't steal, or hurt people etc.. all moral issues.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 02:55:10 PM »
Originally posted by hawk220
actually, we legislate morality everyday.. or hurt people etc.. all moral issues.

unless they are little bitty ppl who are too small to speak for themselves .... then you can suck their brains out..

yeah, it might be my choice of words .. sry for lack of sugar coating.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 05:33:29 PM »
LOL, sorry Eagler, I didn't stop to think that it might actually be your business what a woman does with her body and the parasite living inside it, despite the fact that you don't know her, never will know her, and don't give two toejams about her.  I can't believe I was so short sighted!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2003, 06:14:28 PM »
should hitler's mom have been allowed an abortion if she had wanted one?

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2003, 06:29:32 PM »
In 10 to 20 years I'll see it, Eagler? In 10 to 20 years if everything went your way there would be a boom of illegitiment children roaming the streets or ending up in trash bins. No abortion? Sure there's adoption, but most of those kids who are born unwanted end up in trash bins or in the bottom of lakes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2003, 06:35:03 PM »
SOB
was referencing an experience involving abortion, it has hit as close to home as I would care it too..........

texace
the problem isn't the child, it is the creator of that child and their lack of ethics or forethought which prevents the child in the first place

abortion ain't a root cause fix - it's an after thougt - a gross and bloody one at that........
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2003, 09:04:13 PM »
great new abortion bills for oregon.

1. requiring notifacation of the mother that the baby will likely feel pain at what is being done to it.

2. requiring anastetic to help elimanate this pain.

3. parental notification in the case of minors. (they require parental concent to give your kid an asprin, how the hell do they justify not notifying in abortion)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2003, 09:15:54 PM »
What amuses me (if it was all possible in this subject), was if all these baby killers were forced to keep these babies - that the same people who forced this upon these women would be squeaking about them sucking off their taxes to actually help raise these babies.

Its their bodies, let them decide what to do with it if you don't mind Eagler

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2003, 09:18:06 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
SOB
was referencing an experience involving abortion, it has hit as close to home as I would care it too..........

You're not the only one.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2003, 10:44:42 PM »
i find it strange that the same general group of people who are against the death penalty are not against abortion & vice versa. its quite convenient though, as it splits the catholic vote, which would be in the range of 35% nationaly and near a majority in a lot of the larger states (Fl, Tx, Ca, NY, Il, Ma) - if there was not this dynamic US politix might be a lot like northern ireland, except w/ the 2nd amemdment maybe a lot more bloody

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2003, 12:21:47 AM »
ya, it seems very cofusing.

republican party says they are for less gov't envolvement in our lives.  but they are against abortion, for death penalty, against assisted suicide.  so they have no real problem with killing as long as it's gov't ordered.  less gov't envolvement but don't die unless we say so.

dem. platform isn't a whole lot better.  but at least when they say they are for personal freedom it kinda goes along with their opinion on these issues.  you can decide to die, you can decide to kill but the gov't can't.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2003, 12:25:38 AM »
They should feed the aborted fetuses to endangered animals.

Two problems solved.

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2003, 12:47:16 AM »
A fetus is not a living and thinking person. It's just a fetus. Doctors commit murder every day when they pull the plug on braindead patients for example, killing a fetus is no different. It will not remain to miss anything in this world because it has never seen anything in this world - or could.

"the problem isn't the child, it is the creator of that child and their lack of ethics or forethought which prevents the child in the first place"

I guess you never had a condom break on you Eagler? It's easy to get on a high horse and spew all knowing wisdom.

Make no mistake, an abortion is one of the toughest thing a woman can do. It takes a long consideration and it will cause great mental distress to the woman years after. It's not flush and go, you simply don't know what you're talking about Eagler.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2003, 05:58:07 AM »
Heheh, it's so easy to be against something that cannot happen to you.

Just Say No To Menopause! It is evil!

We've been over this time and time again. Unwilling invasion of body->right to self determination/treatment->abortion.

Sperm/egg->embryo->fetus->human baby

Or alternatively

Life begins at conception->thing in womb is a human person with personhood->killing it is murder.

Sperm meets egg->human person with personhood.

In both cases science is used (in the latter case erroneous). In both cases there are legal issues (right to self determination vs murder (which is an unlawful killing of an individual with personhood). As it stands, 'murder' is an inaccurate term. Since the thing hasn't got personhood yet, it cannot be murdered. At least not til the laws change.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2003, 06:56:13 AM »
I suggest you all get unwanted pregnancy for 9 months.

oh.. wait a minute... here isn't a single woman taking part in the discussion :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's easier to talk as the one who has to just throw the sperm in female, than as the one who would have to take the consequences for 9 months and what not.

If you make someone accidently pregnant.. well, you can just marry her or support with money.. big deal, you can still work and live normally.
Now let's see this from the subjects point of view.. he might not be financially capable of staying away from work nor could he just do what the mr. cocky moralist is doing.

If someone wants and can afford the pregnancy, but give away his child for adoption or make an abortion, I think it's her choice.
Much easier to take consequences as male than female, as male isn't the one carrying a big ball within for 3 months and having being careful.

During the time when abortion has to be done, theres no rationally thinking person to kill.
"It" will most likely not even realise "it" had ever lived.
I think unwanted child is much worse.

If something should have to be criminal, it would be forcing people to have unwanted childs, when considers what CAN happen for the child after birth.
It is not necessarily so that the child will find a nice family to be adopted into.
It can also ruin the mothers life.
That is criminal, it will not only affect one fetus, but two persons: mother and the child.