Author Topic: Hey Ghosth  (Read 448 times)

Offline Dlamb

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.lambertsfamily.net
Hey Ghosth
« on: January 24, 2003, 03:55:19 PM »
I Wanna Become A trainer..... and be in the Trainer corps :)

Offline TAILGUNNR

• Zinc Member
Hey Ghosth
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 04:41:13 PM »
Something tell's me you won't like training people

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hey Ghosth
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 04:55:29 PM »
First thing ya gotta teach them is ... incessant rambling on VOX and verbally attacking other players is a NO NO.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Hey Ghosth
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 09:25:13 AM »
How can I say this politely.

Your little tirade in MA 2 days ago about the guy who killed you when you were in a tiger pretty much put you out of the running dlamb.

We need calm mature people with cool heads who never get rattled. Who can handle vast amonts of pressure and several people yelling at them at once without losing their cool. They need to  have vast amounts of experience with all the planes, and esp the interface.

Lots of people want the prestege & power that comes with being an AH trainer. Few are equiped to handle it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Hey Ghosth
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 09:37:15 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

We need calm mature people with cool heads who never get rattled. Who can handle vast amonts of pressure and several people yelling at them at once without losing their cool. They need to  have vast amounts of experience with all the planes, and esp the interface.

Lots of people want the prestege & power that comes with being an AH trainer. Few are equiped to handle it.

I also thought of being a Trainer awhile back and while I thought I would make a 'suitable' guy I cracked under the constant pressure and mass chaos that reigned in the TA at the time.
Lower lethality relieved some of that pressure but at times that place is more chaotic than the worst part of a hurricane, or himicane.
Lately, I've even reverted to western justice, a thing I thought I never would do. Some guys can take the suggestion of 'rule following' but some need repeated injections of lead.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Hey Ghosth
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 01:49:54 PM »
LOL, Fuze...a lil bit of lead goes a long way for some of the hardheads. But most of the newby's want to learn. Although, there are a few that, either out of frustration or just not caring, want to disrupt the whole arena. This is not the forum to discuss names.

Some of the new folks have come a long way. Not like what we learned under although I had a personal trainer (you wouldn't believe what that costs):) . His name also will go unnamed as I don't wanna embarrass him. :rolleyes:  If you see some dude landing 18 or so kills, that's my old trainer. Anyway, he trained me and I trained others (those poor souls) and the games continue.

A new crop is ready to hatch for the CT and MA. IMHO, it appears the CT is a good training ground for the new folks. They get a chance to get some good dogfights in without the continual gang banging that goes on in the MA. And, since the vets jump into the CT all the time they get to deal with a bit higher level of expertise on a 1v1 and sometimes more basis. The vets don't mind them winging and they pick up a lot from that alone.