Author Topic: lottsa fun  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
lottsa fun
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2003, 12:40:25 PM »
And you should, your a Major. Pry have lotsa virtual medals and junk too, jeepers.

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2003, 12:49:46 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
anyone with half a brain(i know cause i can do it) can bomb with 90 percent accuracy.

let's analyze this:

'anyone' with half a brain....frog included.

'i know cause i can do it'....frogs half brain has succeeded in hitting 2 FH's on one run

'90 percent accuracy'....hitting the "intended" target on any given run doesn't mean squat when compared to AH stats and ranks. out of all bombs dropped in a 3 flight group, if only 6 of them hit, of course the rank will not add up to 90%.

seems to me some have taken frog a little to personal. it's kinda funny. after all, it's just a computer.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2003, 12:49:53 PM »
...Once again, thanks, but I know what I'm doing. [/B]

yeah, you are spending a stupid amount of time climbing to 30k only to fail.

don't get snotty, you're stats aren't helping you.

F.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2003, 12:54:05 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
its frogman, and im a fdb so i spend most of my time trying to bomb my squadmates as they takeoff
LMAO froggy I used to love reading the TOD logs to see how many FDBs killed each other. But sniff you guys are not killing each other anymore.

P.S. just so you know I get most of my kills in blue planes and I cant remember the last time I flew a nik. I have something like a 17 to 1 kill ratio in f4u1 so far this camp. Yes some MAW like to fly niks and we in the squad call them dweebs too lovingly of coarse.
So next time you feel the need to call someone a nik dweeb call them a dweeb and not the whole squad. Beside what do you care it's thier 15 bucks they can fly what they want.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Re: lottsa fun
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2003, 12:56:58 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
between 43 and 1 last night.  Thank gawd for the new fluff model...
lazs
 Yes Yes lazs that was a blast talk about a furball. Too bad some buffs came over and killed 1 and 43s fuel kinda spoiled it.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2003, 01:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
yeah, you are spending a stupid amount of time climbing to 30k only to fail.

don't get snotty, you're stats aren't helping you.

F.

Listen, Furious, I'm not going to take an insulting comment like that from someone who is obviously speaking from an uninformed position, as Frog did. He had no knowledge of the conditions under which I was operating, and then comes across with the "Half-Brain" "90%" commment.  I generally hit what I intend to hit. That's what the stats show. He does not hit his targets with anywhere near the accuracy that I do, (Aside from 1of the 6 last tours) therefore, he has no basis to comment on my performance.

Now if someone like Revvin, or a bomber pilot who has garnered my respect over time made that comment, I would simply ask him to help me improve.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2003, 01:09:56 PM »
Originally posted by mason22
let's analyze this:

'anyone' with half a brain....frog included.

'i know cause i can do it'....frogs half brain has succeeded in hitting 2 FH's on one run

'90 percent accuracy'....hitting the "intended" target on any given run doesn't mean squat when compared to AH stats and ranks. out of all bombs dropped in a 3 flight group, if only 6 of them hit, of course the rank will not add up to 90%.

seems to me some have taken frog a little to personal. it's kinda funny. after all, it's just a computer.

Mason:

After re-readin Frogs post a few times, I can see he was not being as malicious as I first though, and therefore reacted to.

I know the FDBs are a fun group of guys, but the changes to the bomber model have been very aggravating to me.

So I am easily angered when it comes to this area. For this I apologize. I am simply annoyed at the fact that my favorite part of Aces HIgh has been effectively taken out of the game. Meanwhile, I'm killing myself (up until this tour) trying to improve my bombing skills, and here comes some guy I've never seen telling me it's easy.

Frog . I flew off the handle.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
lottsa fun
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2003, 01:15:21 PM »
I have respect for Revvin as well. I give him the Valor Medal of Conduct and garner some stuff too.

Salute!

Creamo
Supreme Commander of All Allied Forces, Astronaut, and General of all vox prox Bish Forces

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2003, 01:17:08 PM »
you people are funny.

LMAO froggy I used to love reading the TOD logs to see how many FDBs killed each other. But sniff you guys are not killing each other anymore.

I'll work on that for ya iceMaw.  But Chute's take priority over fdb's...

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2003, 01:40:32 PM »
Score in bomber includes lots of stuff the has little to do with how well you can use the bombsight.  The numbers don't mean much anymore, especially since the stuka was added.  

I looked in my old pictures, I had a few screenshots in there from when people were trying to say the "new" bombsight did not compensate for wind.  (These were all 250lbs bomb drops so craters would not overlap so much.)

(I had a shot somewhere of single salvo drops with 250lb eggs, but I can't find it)  Anyway the bombsite works, that is unargueable.  However, how much fun is it to bomb?  Well that is another question all together, most all my "bomber" sorties these days are in supply goons or IL2.

I can level bomb from great altitude, but anymore it is just too little fun for the work/time invested.  To do a proper bomber misison takes 45 minutes to an hour, that is a lot of time you could be doing somethign else ( like sporting around in an M8 sneaking up on tanks).   I think that is why you are seeing so many suicide buffs.  Maybe some just don't know how, but I think many people just don't find it fun to invest the time to fly a "proper" buff mission.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 01:43:18 PM by maxtor »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2003, 01:57:28 PM »
Who's the drunk down at the end of the bar spouting out unsubstantiated criticisms?

Must be an FDB, of course.

You don't really take those guys seriously, do you?

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2003, 02:01:11 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
You don't really take those guys seriously, do you?

You mean Creamo is not really Supreme Commander of All Allied Forces, Astronaut, and General of all vox prox Bish Forces?
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2003, 02:17:45 PM »
well... yes... eventually someone couldn't help but pork the fields but... it took a very long time and there were a lot of players meeting about half way between fields for a good hour or so... lot's of good fites.

All fites must end... eventually the tide of numbers overpowers one or the other but last nite was very good... just as it seemed a field (mostly ours) would fall or simply become useless and we would have to move on and find somewhere else fun to play... somehow... things would turn around and there would be a fighting chance...

not saying I didn't get vulched once in a while or that the attention starved didn't try to get their licks in .... just that.. we had some good fites for a good long time..

shane... H2H is allmost as boring as boxed sims...   Wow... you mean I gotta keep track of one whole nme con?   All at once?   I can see where it would be a challenge for you tho.
lazs

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2003, 02:38:45 PM »
Originally posted by maxtor

I can level bomb from great altitude, but anymore it is just too little fun for the work/time invested.  To do a proper bomber misison takes 45 minutes to an hour, that is a lot of time you could be doing somethign else ( like sporting around in an M8 sneaking up on tanks).   I think that is why you are seeing so many suicide buffs.  Maybe some just don't know how, but I think many people just don't find it fun to invest the time to fly a "proper" buff mission.

This is the crux of the matter. Its a simple equation of Time invested/reward.

You are correct in that you can have alot more fun in the hour than sitting in the bomber watching your altimeter.

I really don't mind investing the time, but it's absolutley heartbreaking now to spend all that time, only to miss your target.

I think I flew 3 sorties where I missed the Hangars 3 times in a row. That pretty much broke my back when it comes to bombing. (I still cannot figure out how I missed. The damn calibration seemed perfect and there was not the slightest change in heading, alt, or airspeed.)

Regardless, maybe I just don't have the patience anymore. Maybe I'm having too much fun Jaboing.

*Shrugs*

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
lottsa fun
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2003, 02:55:47 PM »
or..... you could forgo building battling altogether and actually fite other players.
lazs