Author Topic: All new strategy for 1.03  (Read 466 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
All new strategy for 1.03
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2000, 12:46:00 AM »
Think of how those acks at strat target are going to reach out arround them to 35k and make life difficult. What is the slant range of a 88 l41.... can it hit the goon crossing the ridge line at 10k yards distant?
It would be silly to think that 88s would create a colum of safe air to climb in. Such guns would be at best an annoyance to fighters that know they are there.

------------------
"Stupids are like flies. they are everywere, but are easy to kill"
RAM

deluxe

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2000, 10:17:00 AM »
300mph tanks...common guys it's only availble at one field...V56 to A27.  It allows tank battles to occur frequently w/ out the long drives.  I do agree that A27 will be too easy to capture due to 300mph M-3's.  But A27 is rarely captured because all the fun would end between V56 and A27.  I do love all the commotion this one base is causing....it isn't even stratigic in it's location.  Give it a rest and let the fun continue.  When ya "Ride the hill" several times all ya here from other guys is "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!" as they go 300mph storming towards there destination.  It's a game have fun!!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
If pilots whining about get  shot down by tanks would just fly above the max.gun elevation in the tank, they would live!  Imagine, a plane coming in level to a 75mm gun, at 1/4 mile or less the gunner lets lose a round, and kills the plane, this is something that the Allies and Axis troops only dreamed of! Yet here resides their dreams of low flying, within guns elevation ranged A/C!

BTW, I've never been 'shot down' by a tank (augered, yes) since I'm not stupid enough to get within their guns elevation range.

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
~GeschwaderKommodore~I./JG2~Richthofen~[/i]
CLICK?? JG2 INFORMATION
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 06-12-2000).]

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »
I have never tried to main gun a plane, perhaps I should.  I have hit some really hard (For several seconds) with the machine gun on the Tank, to no availe.  Yesterday I got a 109 and a 38 really hard, perhaps for as much as 10 seconds.  many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,many, many,
Sprites.

No smoke?

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Greg 'wmutt' Cook

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
I don't know if it would be easy to fix, but possibly tracked vehicles could be programed to throw a track if a certian speed is exceeded.  That would make things a bit more realistic as far as speed goes.
As for minefields, I don't believe WWII tanks had Fascam ability.  Anti-vehicle mines would be a little large to fire out of a 75mm tube. I believe the even in 1991 (when I ceased to be a Combat Engineer) Fascam minefields were limited to anti-personel aplications. We did have a trailer mounted minelaying device that could be towed behind an vehicle that would huck mines about 25 meters out to eace side.  I think it dated back to the late WWII early Korea times. (I'll have to look up the specs.)

------------------
Greg 'wmutt' Cook
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »
Funked, your worrying about a few piss-ant 300mph tanks when we have AWACS coverage in the arena?!

<edit>Oop!

Lizking

[This message has been edited by Gadfly (edited 06-12-2000).]

funked

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2000, 08:31:00 PM »
Liz don't get me going on that one!!!  I can only do one rant per thread!!!