Author Topic: views on stick  (Read 547 times)

Offline HG428CJ

• Zinc Member
views on stick
« on: January 27, 2003, 02:34:59 PM »
Only half the hat views work (N,E,S,W not NW,NE,SE,SW) after moving joystick from computer with win 98 to one with xp pro -It is a microsoft sidewinder precision pro - cant figure it out-please help - I want to play AH again.

thanks

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
views on stick
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 02:37:57 PM »
You sure they're mapped in AH?  I don't think AH has the intermediate hat directions mapped by default.  If you've reinstalled the OS and AH, you may have lost your old settings (unless you saved the folders, of course).

Offline HG428CJ

• Zinc Member
views on stick
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 02:49:32 PM »
i,m really a novice at  this stuff - it looks like it should work- in the setup it shows that when i move the stick hat to those positions   they are highlited

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
views on stick
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 04:37:06 PM »
The fact that when you move the hat to the NW/NE/SW/SE positions you see the button highlighted indicates that AH is picking up the hat movements... you just need to tell AH what to do when it gets those inputs from your hat.  

The way to check is to open up the clipboard, then go to Setup then Stick Mapping.  Then, click the circle that says "view keys."  Now, scroll down to a function, for example "look back left."  Click "DL" (down left) on your "first hat" numberpad, and then click "set button."  You don't need to use the joystick the whole time, it's all done with the mouse and on-screen interface buttons.  

For more on joystick setup, see the HTC help pages.  

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/jsmap.html
http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/views.html

Offline HG428CJ

• Zinc Member
views on stick
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 09:26:04 PM »
Thanks very much Tarmac  I,ll try it out.

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
views on stick
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 11:35:46 AM »
yup do as as tarmac said, same happened to me back when I started, only had N,E,S,W views, need to map the others.

Also map a key on you joystick or throttle for Key Pad 5 (look strait up view) so that you can see a full hemisphere (18 views total), this will obviously help your SA and ability to stay alive, for a bit anyway  :D

Offline HG428CJ

• Zinc Member
views on stick
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003, 08:57:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply,  the 5 key will really help.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
views on stick
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2003, 05:10:16 PM »
If your stick is a gameport style this is more than likly your problem. Windows XP does not support gameport style sticks using keymapping software to programe. Went tru this when I upgraded to windows XP from ME. At least that was the case with my CH products gameport stick and throttle. Had to buy new usb stuff.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Boozer

• Copper Member
views on stick
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2003, 12:41:50 PM »
personally I use keyboard numpad for views, but thats just me

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
views on stick
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2003, 02:30:33 PM »
HG428CJ,