Author Topic: Had some concern about 1.08, glad I was wrong.  (Read 140 times)

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
Had some concern about 1.08, glad I was wrong.
« on: October 05, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
I have tried all betas before 1.08 was released, I had some issues with them all    :(

Some major bugs that made the beta versions almost unplayable.

Then I saw 1.08 released, and I was 100% shure that those problems was included in that version as well.

They where not    :D

I have excelent FPS, both high alt and low alt, no problems whatsoever, and the textures looks great.(Never showed up in Beta on my computer)

1.08 is just pretty, specially the cities, which now actually looks like small cities    :), just excellent  :)   :D   :cool:

The 332 "VIKING" Squadron

Lasse

[ 10-05-2001: Message edited by: lasse ]
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
i was having some small lockup issues with 1.08 but getting the latest ref. drivers from the nvidia website seems to have fixed them. mine were only a month old, too, so those who have lockups should check that out.

is anyone in here getting more then 35-40fps on a GF2MX? im ok with that, just wondering if anyone has tweaked their settings to get higher fps.
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
Moose, it depends.  I have a GF2 MX with only 16megs vram which I think is my problem.  Normally flying around I can be in the 40 fps range.  However, for some reason, at times and especially over airfields, I get full-on screen pauses.  Enough to where I've ploud into the ground 'cause I was frozen.  I wonder if AH is not written for low mem cards and it has probs when swapping textures or whatever it does.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2001, 05:38:00 PM »
I'd wait for a couple days for patches.  I *think* there may be a bug that causes low fps near the ground clutter.  My finding is there is no fps hit until climbing above a certain level, then descending.  After that point FPS is lower until AH is restarted.  (Try looking at FPS in a vehicle RIGHT after starting AH, you'll find they are very good.  Now fly a plane, then the vehicle again.  The FPS will be much lower.)