Author Topic: HT, how about this?  (Read 146 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
HT, how about this?
« on: September 11, 2000, 02:15:00 AM »
I know you are currently having problems with the gunsight color.  When you fix it, why not make one of the keys a toggle that would select one of 3 or 4 different colors?

Some of the AH community might have trouble seeing one particular color.  This would permit them to select a color with maximum contrast.  I know a good fraction of the population suffers from some degree of color-blindness.

curly

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
HT, how about this?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Which gun sight are we talking about. You can already change your plane gun sight to any color you wish?

HiTech

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
HT, how about this?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
"You can already change your plane gun sight to any color you wish?"

I dont know if this is a question or a statement? heehe..

I am color blind and have a really hard time with the red icons... I actually have to get the con above the horizon to be able to have a chance of shooting at it.

A feature to change the icon color (with brightness and hue controls thrown in) and the crosshairs would be most, most welcome HT. The many different kinds of color blindness will make a universal color (or hue) change be not very usefull, so to allow players to set their own colors/hue is the best option imo.

Right now I have to take a good dose of magic mushrooms and THEN I can see the icons... purty colors....  

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
HT, how about this?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
HT Sez:

: Which gun sight are we talking about. You
: can already change your plane gun sight to
: any color you wish?

I'm talking about the cross-hairs.  Are you saying I can change the colors of the cross-hairs (without using a paint program?)

I was suggesting that a toggle key which would toggle through 3 or 4 different colors for the cross-hairs would be very helpful, especially to those who are borderline color-blind.  A good fraction of the population fits this category.

AKcurly