Author Topic: Whats Up With Target Rabaul?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Whats Up With Target Rabaul?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2003, 09:22:27 AM »
Originally posted by 28sweep
...in my industry- if you got a date to make-and you miss it-you loose your job-period.

Yeah. You were supposed to clean my toejamter last week and it's still messed up.

YOU'RE FIRED !!!!

:D

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2003, 09:30:33 AM »
sweep when it is release then you can squeak.

I did work on the sim a while back ki-45 and the skin for it along with silo and popgun (think that is him). We are all developers on our own time did i mention my real job is 70+ hours a week. Targetware products are developed by people in their spare time.

TW has IMO the best flight model I have experienced in a SIM ever, and I have flown them all.

Damage model is the best in any MMP sim out there.

Graphics is TR are excellent IMO, plave graphics are better than AH, but to my graphics are not what make a game or sim good.

Not going to violate my NDA, but what you see in press releases and screenies is not nearly what is already done.

You talk about AHII, have you played it...seen it...experienced it? So you can't even make a comparrison.

And as far as the release date, well welcome to the gaming industry, falcon 4 one of the best flight sims to date was released 2 years late.

You can fly it or not, but to whine about a game you know nothing about or pay for is pretty lame.

Oh and good for your industry.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 09:40:03 AM by narsus »

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2003, 11:02:37 AM »
TargetWare’s business model is flawed.  It violates Adam’s Smith basic rule of economics which states that people are inherently greedy bastards.  People work best in the name of self-interest.  Target-Rabaul, Korea will therefore fail.  I got some alternate names for them to consider:

Target -Kabutz
Target -DisneyWorld
Target –IgotToWorkTomarrowToPayMyRentSoIwontWorkOnItTonight

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2003, 06:23:07 PM »
"...I got more important things to do...".

That's pretty obvious.

bowser

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 09:03:56 PM »
Originally posted by 28sweep
TargetWare’s business model is flawed.  It violates Adam’s Smith basic rule of economics which states that people are inherently greedy bastards.  People work best in the name of self-interest.  

Aces High adn Warbirds stands as a proof that the above statement is an idiocy.
Programmer of Hitech's talent those days can easily pull in quarter of a million per year. I'll bet you money he ain't making that on AH. And never was in WB.

The very game you're playing is a product of passion, just like TW is. Frankly ain't nobody is twisting your arm to try it. If you don't like it, unbunch your patnies and get to cleaning my crapper :)

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 09:11:30 PM »
Hey fd ski

Why are you getting personal with me?  Whats with the insults bro? Relax..you think HiTech works his butt off because he's a nice guy; well then you are naive.   Ya he probably loves what he does-but I let you in on a secret: he's getting paid..and paid well I'm sure.  Kudos to him..its the American way...build a better mouse trap etc.....Target Rabaul will never make it....Adam Smith and history says I'm right...

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 09:59:27 PM »
The survival of RB3D is proof that self interest is not all that drives support for a game.

Badger did what most expected badger to do in his position at Targetware.  Please dismiss the press releases from him as his usual well written complete nonsense.  The game developers and contributers should not be held liable for it.

You also have to give kudos to the crowd for not cramming it down everyone else's throats.  I haven't seen a "Targetware is going to have this feature and its going to kick everyone else's bellybutton in the market" post in some time.  Definately not enough to stack up against those still touting other games that are virtual failures.

One thing is for sure.  It will be interesting to see what a community can generate when it comes to a game.  I have certain theories in regards to outcomes, but I'll keep those to myself so I can say "I was right!" after the success/failure of TW in honor of drippy.

MiniD

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2003, 10:01:22 PM »
Sweep,
So tell me...
What does having a small member have to do with hunting animals?
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2003, 03:32:16 AM »
Originally posted by fd ski
Aces High adn Warbirds stands as a proof that the above statement is an idiocy.
Programmer of Hitech's talent those days can easily pull in quarter of a million per year. I'll bet you money he ain't making that on AH. And never was in WB.

I bet HiTech pulled in some serious $$$ when ICI sold to iMagic, that cash is what probably funded AH's development.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2003, 07:56:40 AM »
I bet a large chunk of his compensation was in stock, which went straight down the toejamter thanks to wildbill.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2003, 12:11:58 PM »
Mark Luper,

Not to get-off topic but I think that Sigmund Freud clearly established the link between male aggression and noodle size in his 1923 master-piece: The Ego and the Id.  There is no better manifestation of this (male aggression) in the modern world than the killing animals for sport-according to Freud.  I completely agree with him.  In fact-I believe Gun Ownership in general is driven by noodle insecurity.  The University of Stockholm took this hypothesis one step further in a ground-breaking study that was largely buried by the media.  The study postulated that all oppression of Africans by Europeans has been driven by noodle envy.  There is no doubt that this is true if you read the study.  So in summary- if you are a hunter, gun owner, or racist-you got a small banana……sorry truth hurts.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 04:37:23 PM by 28sweep »

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2003, 02:05:14 PM »
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis (1952)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2003, 02:21:13 PM »
Freud's work is a complete crock... no self respecting psychoanalysis or psychiatrist buys into that roadkill.

Kind of like your feet or your hand size relate to the size of your dick... if you believe that, there's a good chance your dick is smarter than your brain.
-SW

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2003, 04:38:40 PM »
Not all of his work should be dismissed.:mad:

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2003, 09:22:28 PM »
Thought you lot might enjoy this - came across it Interface by Neal Stephenson:

Did you hear about the programmer's wife?
She's still a virgin. Her husband just sits on the edge of the bed every night and tells her how great it's going to be.

:D
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.