Author Topic: Thanx for nothing AH  (Read 2095 times)

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2003, 08:02:41 AM »
This one's about a golf game... but it could very well be AH :)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2003, 08:07:23 AM »
My GF has absolutely no problem with AH - Shes very understanding to begin with - plus she asks me "Are you killing people?" if she can tell Im not paying attention when we're on the phone - kinda cute.  :D

Aside from that, I guess she looks at it this way - its a fine alternative to me going out chick hunting.

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2003, 08:18:36 AM »
Get up early fly in Am instead - chicks hate the mornings.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2003, 08:35:01 AM »
Here's one of our wwiiol squad members; Maiden.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2003, 08:58:43 AM »
hmmm... is this the start of the CAWW...err... CAHW?  same pronunciation I bet :D

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2003, 09:29:40 AM »
I fly  (play) in my study at home, around a year ago I was "flying" in a warbirds EMC using roger wilco with a squad, all of a sudden I hear at loud volume the dambusters theme tune, the door flew open and in came my wife and 2 kids (13 and 7) all wearing leather flying helmets and goggles with arms outstretched mimicking aircraft and calling out "roger, over and out" etc.

I must admit it was hilarious and obviously had been planned for a while.

She and the children made the point that I was a touch obsessed with the game and I should spend more time with them, I took the hint and limited my flying to around an hour each evening, whilst my wife chilled out and the kids completed any homework.

Now, I complete the homework with the kids and grab 30 mins here and there when I can, except for the next 5 weeks of course with Niemen starting on Sat nights (for me).

wipass

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2003, 10:02:56 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
My wife encourages my flying in every way. She loves it so much that she has offered to let me have all the free time I want. I wonder what that means?

As long as you aren't going through packages of AA batteries.
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2003, 11:58:41 AM »
Here's a good suggestion for those of you just starting a family.

Try naming your children "Stuka" or "Mossie" it will make quality time with the family fly by (so to speak).

Also, if you can work in words like "spitfire" and "mustang" as terms of endearment instead of the usual (and hackneyed) "honey" you'll find that it's almost like flying AH.  

All of these things help smooth the matrimonial pathway.  I do not recommend the use of "check 6" in the act of coitus.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2003, 01:25:32 PM »
Another problem I don't/can't have.

My sweetie flies and we play tons of other games together and with friends. It's the BEST.

hate me now. :D
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
Since my wife in no way resembled Heather Locklear, Flight Sims reigned supreme.

However.....the Judge had a different opinion.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2003, 01:49:59 PM »
I've pretty much got it made. My wife works nights. Baby is asleep by 9, and if she ain't, there's always the closet (kidding).

It would be nice to have a partner who understood, if not shared in this game. Your a lucky man Kanth. I could only imagine how great our marriage would be if I could get her to log on an hour a week. We'd have so much to talk about!

Geez, most guys have 2 girl fantasies. Mine is simply to share my favorite pastime with my wife.

Pathetic.

Any advice to get her up and flying?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2003, 01:56:40 PM »
Ya Kanth..your a lucky man..
lol

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2003, 02:02:46 PM »
:D

Originally posted by Pongo
Ya Kanth..your a lucky man..
lol
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2003, 02:12:53 PM »
I dunno perhaps some "wow this is great fun how about you come try it with me!! it's not hard at all! I'd love to have you play this with me"

Type stuff usually works, if she's your friend she'll want to do things with you. But at first she'll prolly say no with an (excuse)

Just keep talking it up and expressing that it's something that you'd like to do together with her.

Maybe barter for some stuff that she likes to do that is in the same realm (fun entertainment)

that's the best advice I can think of. :)

Originally posted by muckmaw

Any advice to get her up and flying?

Offline RafBader

• Zinc Member
Thanx for nothing AH
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2003, 02:13:56 PM »
My wife no longer complains incesantly about my time spent flying....at least i don't think she does... been real quiet since i bricked her in her sewing room.