Author Topic: The continuing saga of a newbie.  (Read 354 times)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
The continuing saga of a newbie.
« on: February 14, 2003, 08:47:24 AM »
My K/D going into last nite was .17 with over a hundred deaths.  Well, in taking, I think it was A19 last nite with the knights, those we took it from decided to send in several groups of low flying, under 2k, bomber formations, ungunned.  It was like shooting fish in barrel!  Great fun!  My K/D went up to .21.

Then it was on to wiping out and capping other area bases, A10 and A6 I think.  In any event, I have to say there is nothing like participating in a good vulch.  All the calls of, insert name of plane, comin out of the barn, followed by, insert name of plane, gone were hilarious.

Now I've read enough posts around here to understand that there is some kind of moral battle on the practice of vulching.  The way I look at it, if some poor bastard wants to commit suicide by upping on a field with no ack being capped by 20 nme, 75% of which are flying below 5k, who am I to talk him out of it.  I mean he really must want to die right?

While participating at A6, I was in a N1K and a couple of three spits came after me and I was able to evade long enough for some fellow knights to scrape em off my back side, thanx.

I was amazed I had enough self control to log off and get some sleep for work.  I love this game!

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 12:47:23 PM »
Welcome to the wonderful addiction..

A word to the wise though. Don't go overboard telling your friends at work how great it is..

They WILL look at you funny.

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 01:00:09 PM »
wait til it comes up in marriage counseling......

dont drink
dont smoke
dont do crack
dont do smack
dont shoot up
dont snort anything
dont go to topless bars
dont go "out with the guys"
dont "chat"

$14.95 a month over "adding all those bad habits up"

LOL

YOU DO THE MATH!!  

work with me people!!!

thats AH ADDICTION

My name is MwXX and Im an "AH AHOLIC"

Offline Yippee38

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Re: The continuing saga of a newbie.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 01:21:28 PM »
Originally posted by najdorf
My K/D going into last nite was .17 with over a hundred deaths.  Well, in taking, I think it was A19 last nite with the knights, those we took it from decided to send in several groups of low flying, under 2k, bomber formations, ungunned.  It was like shooting fish in barrel!  Great fun!  My K/D went up to .21.

Now I've read enough posts around here to understand that there is some kind of moral battle on the practice of vulching.  The way I look at it, if some poor bastard wants to commit suicide by upping on a field with no ack being capped by 20 nme, 75% of which are flying below 5k, who am I to talk him out of it.  I mean he really must want to die right?

When you are truly no longer a newbie, you will realize that K/D ratio means little when your goal is to have fun.

FWIW, I will generally up from a capped field to try to defend it.  Although I may die three or four times before I make it up, I usually make it up in that "target rich environment."  The satisfaction comes in knowing that it takes me about 30 seconds to get back into the combat once killed, but it will take those I've killed several minutes.  

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 02:24:12 PM »
I was amazed I had enough self control to log off and get some sleep for work. I love this game!
Your a better man than I was. My first 6 months in WB (would have been the same here) I flew till 1 or 2 AM sometimes. Now that might not seem like much to some of the single guys, but I was working and going to school full time. :cool: Not to mention a wife and little ones in diapers. :)

Some days I really payed for it.

Glad you are enjoying it. Now go join a squad and "really" become to enjoy it. :D
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 02:27:30 PM »
My longest online was 30 hours straight in Warbirds, at 2 bucks an hour.  V1.11 I believe. :cool:

Oh, that was BC. (Before Children) ;)

Offline bizket

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 06:26:56 PM »
Jeez rip, I cant imagine what your bill was like that month. My highest warbirds bill was almost 200 dollars, I as able to keep that hidden from the wife but I have no idea how. To this day she thinks my alltime highest WBs bill was 70 dollars:D