Author Topic: Aces High turned into Quake?  (Read 655 times)

Offline AGJV44_Rot 1

• Copper Member
Aces High turned into Quake?
« on: February 15, 2003, 09:33:09 PM »
Trinity map Gv Central I now call quakeville.  At least that is what it seems to me to be like.

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2003, 09:40:59 PM »
I thought it was an exercise for HTC, before they come up with AH2 and target WW2OL. :)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 09:43:30 PM »
Trinity map Gv Central I now call quakeville. At least that is what it seems to me to be like.

Why would you say this? Based on what?

The old maps had a combination of numerou furballs, a few missions and some solid base taking.  How does the action in Trinity differ?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 11:21:40 PM »
OMG they made a change to the game and Sachs doesn't like it.  I'm shocked.

Offline air_guard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 12:52:20 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
Why would you say this? Based on what?

The old maps had a combination of numerou furballs, a few missions and some solid base taking.  How does the action in Trinity differ?

dago

I think somone just want more rotation on the maps, this one been for 2 weeks now.
Problem is if it stays to long people get tired of it, and that is no good. I like the map tough, but changes is good.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 01:09:07 AM »
I thought you threw a hissy fit and quit? (Calm down Funked, not talking bout you ;))

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: Aces High turned into Quake?
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2003, 01:10:26 AM »
Originally posted by AGJV44_Rot 1
Trinity map Gv Central I now call quakeville.  At least that is what it seems to me to be like.

If you're concerned about it not being reset, hold on agj.  Personally, I think the reason it hasn't been reset is that HTC has repeatedly reset the server because he's working on server issues.

Right now, the bish are beaten down and in the crap flows downhill corner.  If the rooks/nits continue to double team the bish, there's no reason it won't be reset.

curly

Offline Noctilux

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.718tfw.com
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2003, 03:30:49 AM »
Um, he's just talking about "Tank City" in the central crater.  And he's right - it's kinda like Quake with tanks.  Long bouts of camping interrupted by brief moments of genuine action.  Then somebody gets the quad damage (P-51 with eggs and rox) and wipes everybody out, and they all start over.  :)

I don't *think* he meant this in a 100% derogatory manner.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Aces High turned into Quake?
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2003, 07:58:42 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
If you're concerned about it not being reset, hold on agj.  
curly

Remember when the AK Desert map fisrt came out?It took a long time for it's first reset and people were complaining....It wasn't long before we adapted and then it was being reset faster than Mindano.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 08:50:27 AM »
the makers assure me that the reason it hasn't been reset is because HTC has done a couple of server resets.  

pizza map is endless but it allows a reset after 4 or five days if somebody lays down and quits.
lazs

Offline AGJV44_Rot 1

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2003, 09:27:53 AM »
Center map 6 vbases is what i am talking about.  This just doesn't seem right.  This used to be a good WWII simulation.  Raub u can kiss you know what.  I stick around because I have been flying with some of these guys for a couple of years now.  Just waiting for something better to come along, unless some things don't change.  As far as the map not being reset that is fine, I understand they need to iron out the bugs.  Good thing beta testing is involved using us to work it out.    :rolleyes:

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2003, 10:27:04 AM »
Center map 6 vbases is what i am talking about. This just doesn't seem right. This used to be a good WWII simulation.
With P-51's shooting down Spits, Spits shooting down B-26's, 190's shooting down 109's?

Personally I enjoyed the new center GV area.  I fly in the MA to be with squadies and fly what I want. When I want a good WWII Sim I am in the CT or the events.

-------------------
CM, CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
TOD & Snapshots
Noses in the wind since 1997.

The Ta152 still doesn't match the chart I made myself in the office with my photocopier!! – gman
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Frost

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2003, 01:59:26 PM »
The center GV area is easy enough to avoid...what's the problem?  GVs are still used all over the map so if you want to use GVs you can go elsewhere.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2003, 03:08:28 PM »
kinda disappointed in gv central myself, if ya wanna fight there (and it's a cool place to fight in gv's) you have to kill the spawn campers first.

Really...there is no need to spawn camp in GV Town...or the Crater as some call it. I mentioned that on channel 1 the other day and several guys actually quit spawn camping. Obviously not all did, but it did make it tolerable :)

Elfie
Armageddon pile-it
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2003, 03:22:17 PM »
"Then somebody gets the quad damage (P-51 with eggs and rox) and wipes everybody out, and they all start over"

Good Stuff !!   :D