Author Topic: And the french call US arrogant....  (Read 889 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
And the french call US arrogant....
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2003, 09:23:10 AM »
no,I've just some work to do.
Don't you  ?

btw I unscribed all thread now ...

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2003, 11:47:10 AM »
Yes, very disgusting.

Either with us or against us,and we'll use our influence to hurt you if you're not with us.

Really despicable - lost all respect for Chiraq.

Yanks; now this is a little further from home, so it is easier to see objectively.

Do you now understand why many Europeans know that 'with us or against us' black and white world is roadkille, regardless of origin?

:D

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2003, 12:35:58 PM »
Originally posted by StSanta
Yes, very disgusting.

Either with us or against us,and we'll use our influence to hurt you if you're not with us.

Really despicable - lost all respect for Chiraq.

Yanks; now this is a little further from home, so it is easier to see objectively.

Do you now understand why many Europeans know that 'with us or against us' black and white world is roadkille, regardless of origin?

:D

Bush was speaking on the war agains terror, and he was 110% correct in saying that.  I'd venture to say that all of europe is with us too, except maybe france.  How have we excluded any of our allies from anything?  Do you really think we needed to go to the UN for this iraq mess?  Why is it that you think we would subject ourselves to people like the french?  Because we want to dominate the world?   If we were like that we wouldn't have even gone to the UN in the first place and ask it to do it's job.  That being said,  if the UN won't act on it's own resolutions of the past 12 years,  we will.  Because we want oil? no.  Because we want to rule the world?  no.  Because it's the right thing to do,  period.

The United States of America, unlike france, does not forget it's friends.  I would hope that the past 60 years would have proven that fact.  Don't forget, it wasn't just our government protecting Europe from the Bear,  it was paid for with the tax dollars of hard working Americans.  WE as a nation did that, not just our government.  All the foriegn aid we send to just about every freak'n country out there is paid for by our tax dollars.  That means I work every day to help people I'll never meet.  I don't have a problem with this, most of the time.  But when a country spits in our face it pisses me off bad.  The past few months have seen a lot of that too, and yes it makes me wonder if we should continue to help.  Isolationism doesn't sound to bad to me right now, only we can't just pull back right now.  We have to take care of the people who want us dead first.  When this whole mess is over I hope that maybe our leaders (LOL) will take a serious look at isolationism again.  We don't need the B/S that everybody seems to love to give us.  We have enough of our own resources to take care of ourselves...

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2003, 12:53:54 PM »
I would imagine that the EU could live on without france as easily as NATO can....
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown