Author Topic: Help  (Read 242 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Help
« on: February 16, 2003, 10:43:40 PM »
Hi Guys,

Have an 8 month old usb X45 on XP. I have absolutely loved the stick. However in the last month it has gone out of calibration with increasing regularity.

I have reloaded the drivers. I have nuked the original setting and cleared the calibration, then  reinstalled it.

I have checked and calibrated it in windows then again in Ah.

I have set the dampeners up to high.

Anything I could have missed???

Thanks in advance
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 10:56:23 AM »
Hopefully you bought that $10 return for any reason policy at CompUSA within a year.

In fact this reminds me, has been about 8 months now, time to go get fresh stick.

Offline spiffykraits

• Copper Member
      • http://home.clara.net/spiff
Help
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:43:48 PM »
You haven't tweaked or overclocked your FSB settings have you?
On many MBs overclocking even a minute amount (On Intels P4s you can increase the FSB speed quite a lot above defaults) can lead to inconsistent j/stick settings at each boot, as the FSB if not set and locked to the default timings and will vary very slightly each time you start the PC.

On my Sis based MB one can use a manufacturers utility for overclocking the FSB either manually or automatically to find the maximum increase, but I found that it screwed up the j/stick timings at every boot, requiring re-calibration each time, even if this was only a small increase in FSB speed. Nothing else was affected on mine except the j/stick and rudder calibration.  In fact the only way I found to correct it, was to clear the cmos using the clear cmos jumper, and reset so that it used the default timings again even if it was slightly slower. No problem thereafter.  Just a thought :)  Conclusion: don't overclock :D Get a faster rated CPU instead! :)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Help
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 08:53:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies,

Biggun.. dont live in the states, so that is out.

Spiffy..Im running stock standard xp1700, and dont indulge in overclocking, since i dont know anything about  the pro's and cons.

Unfortunately nothing has changed except the stick is wearing out.

FTJR:eek:
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix