Author Topic: Runwulfs  (Read 1163 times)

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2003, 11:50:10 AM »
Originally posted by TimRas
I have tried P-47 too (like 190 and most of the other planes). Are there anybody successful with it (as a fighter) ? It has poor climb, acceleration, mediocre top speed at low alt and turns like a dump truck at low speeds. And when you try to get speed by diving, you have to trim it to get out of it if ( like 109). Even as attacker there are better alternatives IMO.

TimRas (handle the same).

This game has excellent statisctic- and lets you see some of them.

This a good one for overall plane performance

This is a good one to look up individual performance in particular planes

HTC has a few links too

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2003, 12:16:17 PM »
I guess you can say I'm an advantage fighter.  I've been flying the 190A-8 this tour and I will run if the advantage isn't there.  I've dragged many a plane to their death as those who fly around me can testify to.  I'd rather drag a guy to his death by another friendly than risk doggin it into a bad position.  The defensive capabilities of the 190 are limited to a few moves.  Scissors work great, but if the opposition doesn't bite you're in trouble.  Generally I'll use b&z tactics and keep the plane above 200mph where it flies best.

As for the P47, you can tell right away if the jug driver knows what he's doing or not.  I won't give up my advantage to those planes, especially if I can guess who's flying them;)   I'll stay away from those 56th guys (you guys rock) unless I have the advantage.  I won't allow them a shot at me, it's only way to stay alive.  Force them to play my tactics where I get the kill every time (mostly).:)

Offline AGJV44_Rot 1

• Copper Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2003, 12:53:06 PM »
On a side note 190's when I see them they die rather easily.
28 kills versus 2 deaths to 190's this tour.

163 kills in D9 and 9 deaths (6 deaths due to ack and gv's)
48 kills 4 deaths in Ta-152
25 kills 4 deaths in 190A5
7 kills 2 deaths in 190A8  (lowest kills for this plane for me in a tour in a year)
7 kills 1 death in 190F8 (same for above)

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2003, 01:59:23 PM »
You need to watch out for WideWing in a SBD as I have seen him kick some butt with it.

"Ya just gots to know your limitations" as Clint once said

Offline MotorOil

• Copper Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2003, 02:25:00 PM »
I guess you can say I'm an advantage fighter.  I've been flying the 190A-8 this tour and I will run if the advantage isn't there.  I've dragged many a plane to their death as those who fly around me can testify to.  I'd rather drag a guy to his death by another friendly than risk doggin it into a bad position.  The defensive capabilities of the 190 are limited to a few moves.  Scissors work great, but if the opposition doesn't bite you're in trouble.  Generally I'll use b&z tactics and keep the plane above 200mph where it flies best.

As for the P47, you can tell right away if the jug driver knows what he's doing or not.  I won't give up my advantage to those planes, especially if I can guess who's flying them;)   I'll stay away from those 56th guys (you guys rock) unless I have the advantage.  I won't allow them a shot at me, it's only way to stay alive.  Force them to play my tactics where I get the kill every time (mostly).:)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2003, 03:21:40 PM »
Originally posted by Scootter
You need to watch out for WideWing in a SBD as I have seen him kick some butt with it.

"Ya just gots to know your limitations" as Clint once said

Lolololol....

If you really want to observe an artist at work, watch Nath flying a D3A1 Val amongst a swarm of fighters. Invariably, he will land 3 or 4 kills flying a 230 mph dive bomber armed with only two little 7.7mm popguns.

The general rule to be learned is never underestimate ANYTHING with guns...  ;)

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2003, 02:41:40 AM »
P47's, all of them but specially the D11 can turn on a dime even with 75% fuel load and full ammo. One or two nothces of flaps and yer set for a nice turn fight. It accelerates like a devil in a dive but climbs poorly, like a 190 A8 in the climb.

Why does everybody complain about it saying it sucks as a turn fighter?
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
Runwulfs
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2003, 04:07:59 AM »
TimRas try to fly a 202; noone will run from you:D
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
Runwulfs
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2003, 06:28:58 AM »
Originally posted by stegor
TimRas try to fly a 202; noone will run from you:D

And after a good 10 second burst, lighting the target like a christmass tree and finally blowing at least one part off that sucker, there comes a friendly typhie or p51 tard pings the already dead plane just a little so he gets the kill and you get the assist... And still, I love to fly the 202 :D

And Tim, try to fly a plane not a NIK or la7...