Author Topic: How can France complain..  (Read 2459 times)

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
How can France complain..
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2003, 03:52:33 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Chiraq has done more to divide Europe in the past month than Hitler did in 12 years.

I though Hitler actually helped unite Europe.

Europe is usually divided, on most things.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2003, 04:03:58 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
So rumsfield is not speaking in the name of USA ?

idiotic.

There are two possible interpretations of this answer to my post Straffo...neither is very flattering for you:

a) You did not read my post
b) You did not understand my post

Well, ok, there is one more

c) You read and understood the post, but for some reason you want to equate what Rumsfield said with what Chiraq said.

Rumsfield were talking about new europe and old europe. Chiraq was threatening new member nations in the EU "shut up or face the consequences".

Chiraq shocked the entire world with his statements. As I said in a previous post, he is doing more to tear Europe apart than any other politician has done in a long long time.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2003, 04:11:46 AM »
Originally posted by bounder
I though Hitler actually helped unite Europe.

Europe is usually divided, on most things.

Look at Europe 1938. See any unity? Personally I see 3 blocks that all hate eachother. West (UK-Fra-Benelux-Gre), Fascists (Ger-It-Spa-Balkan) and Communists (USSR)

What in your opinion did Hitler do to unite Europe? Besides invading it and annexing it?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2003, 04:30:18 AM »
c) You read and understood the post, but for some reason you want to equate what Rumsfield said with what Chiraq said.

I see no differences.

Rumsfield were talking about new europe and old europe. Chiraq was threatening new member nations in the EU "shut up or face the consequences".

Wrong interpretation.
Let me explain :

You want to be a new member of a private club : will you piss off an old and influent member ?

if yes you're completly dumb.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2003, 04:31:58 AM »
There are two possible interpretations of this answer to my post Straffo...neither is very flattering for you:

a) You did not read my post
b) You did not understand my post

or....

c) my post was stupid

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2003, 04:39:20 AM »
I see no differences.

Wrong interpretation.
Let me explain :

You want to be a new member of a private club : will you piss off an old and influent member ?

if yes you're completly dumb.

Newsflash #1:
EU not private club, but gathering of democratic states.

Newsflash #2:
The only ones thinking France is influental in world politics these days are the French themselves.

Newsflash #3:
What France has done in the past weeks has alienated them with the majority of Europe. I know many EU countries that were furious at the French arrogance even before Chirac insulted 10-15 democratic European nations.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2003, 04:45:07 AM »
So straffo is basically admitting he supports Chicracs outrageous staertmrents on bullying new enterents into the EU by threatening them with consquences unless they stut up.

Sad, sad sad.  You french are so two faced and full of toejam.

French oil companies and weapons manufactures have vast interests in iraq:

Yet to the french  its a US war for Oil!!!

Freanch are threatening to bar somebody entery into a democratic internatinal institution and telling these would be members to shut up.

Yet to the French its only the evil USA whose disrespecting internatinal bodies!!!

So full of toejam.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2003, 05:13:59 AM »
So full of toejam are Bush , Rumsfield ,your propaganda networks, and some poster of this board.

The great USA can do whatever they want and the other should only shut-up ?

What changed since 2 years except your redneck president ?

Btw why don't you piss on the saoudian too ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2773759.stm

How is it different from French position ?
I know it's because than can't veto.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2003, 05:32:39 AM »
Listen to what some Europeans say:

The French defense minister, Michele Alliot-Marie, echoed Mr. Chirac in Warsaw today, telling her hosts that "it was better to keep silent when you don't know what's going on."

The comments were rejected across Central and Eastern Europe on Tuesday, suggesting that France will face serious challenges in exerting its influence over an expanded European Union.

"France has a right to its opinion, and Poland has the right to decide what is good for it," said Adam Rotfeld, deputy foreign minister of Poland, the largest of the candidates for the union. "France should respect that."

The tensions between Poland and France are particularly notable because the two countries have traditionally been close. But President Bush is clearly regarded, at least for now, as a better friend to the Poles than President Chirac.

Sorin Ionita, director of the Romanian Academic Society, a leading think tank in Bucharest, said: "If France wants to lose all the sympathy it has in the East, this is the way to do it, to say you little guys will have to listen to us forever. You don't hear this kind of language from the United States."

Prime Minister Tony Blair of Britain, who initiated one of the controversial letters supporting Washington, insisted today that the candidate countries should not be silenced.

"They have as much right to speak up as Great Britain or France or any other member of the European Union today," Mr. Blair said.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2003, 05:58:47 AM »

Sorin Ionita, director of the Romanian Academic Society, a leading think tank in Bucharest, said: "If France wants to lose all the sympathy it has in the East, this is the way to do it, to say you little guys will have to listen to us forever. You don't hear this kind of language from the United States.

looks like he don't have any access to any information source.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2003, 06:08:01 AM »
Newsflash #1:
EU not private club, but gathering of democratic states.

Ever heard of lobbying ?

Newsflash #2:
The only ones thinking France is influental in world politics these days are the French themselves.

if we don't have any influence why all this bashing ?

Newsflash #3:
What France has done in the past weeks has alienated them with the majority of Europe.

It happen I recall the trouble their was with UK sheep coming directly from New Zeland ...
I know many EU countries that were furious at the French arrogance even before Chirac insulted 10-15 democratic European nations.

Your knowledge is so encyclopedic that I publicly thank you for providing me so valuable information.

Want to speak about nazism or isreal ?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2003, 06:17:38 AM »

Want to speak about nazism or isreal ?

Want to talk about spelling?

Or more seriously why would I want to talk about that?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2003, 07:10:43 AM »
looks like he don't have any access to any information source.

In reference to Polish and Bulgarian views of France...

How others perceive us is sometimes just as important as how we truly are.  Looks like the USA is not alone, looks like France has some international relationship fence mending to do as well.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2003, 07:15:07 AM »
We are in complete agreement.

I was not negating the idiocy of Chirac statement.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2003, 07:30:18 AM »

The great USA can do whatever they want and the other should only shut-up ?

No thats not the american way - thats how an pissant arrogant France does foreign policy.