Author Topic: For our german readers...  (Read 691 times)

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
For our german readers...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2003, 09:49:33 PM »
lowcost houseing in the south is usualy comprised of movable homes that are like 1/3 the price of normal housing . these are arranged in a "park" with many very near each other. people who cannot afford better are called trailer trash by people who think they are better than poor people. i.e. republicans.

the n#gger word is considered about 10 times worse.

if a guy walked up to you and called you trailer trash hitting him would be a decent reasonable reaction.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2003, 10:01:17 PM »
..compared to the usual Trailertrash BS we usually get around here.

Hey! I resemble that remark!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2003, 10:09:21 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Just a small-minded, near-horizon mentality analogous to living in a closed community without ever questioning its place in the world, never thinking that maybe the world is bigger than the community and might be worth checking out.

Lots and lots and lots of us have lived in many places around the world and visited many others.

Did it ever occur to you that after seeing the rest, we prefer our home to an even greater degree than before we traveled?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2003, 12:25:23 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Lots and lots and lots of us have lived in many places around the world and visited many others.

Did it ever occur to you that after seeing the rest, we prefer our home to an even greater degree than before we traveled?

Probably not, but that wouldnt make for much BBS drama, now, would it?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2003, 02:11:58 AM »
...It has nothing to do with race or class in my eyes. Just a small-minded, near-horizon mentality analogous to living in a closed community without ever questioning its place in the world, never thinking that maybe the world is bigger than the community and might be worth checking out.

good thing you're not a pompous ass.

F.
(trailer trash)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2003, 03:07:54 AM »
Heh, Hangtime, I had you in mind. ;)

Toad - and how about those who never leave their own neighbourhood, cast aspersions based on the opinions of radio pundits and come to the same conclusion?

One would be an informed opinion based on experience and the other would be far from it.

That was deeply hurtful, Furious. I'm really upset by it and I demand an apology. The fact I might not have your explicit approval makes me think strange thoughts, which involve my wrists and a set of razor blades.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2003, 03:15:35 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2003, 03:58:47 AM »
Ignorance and prejudice go hand in hand, feeding one another and no matter where they are found or cleverly disguised, are invariably their own reward.

kbman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 08:16:05 AM »
dowding... judging from your posts... travel hasn't done you much good... maybe you need life experiance and time to go along with it?
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2003, 08:17:09 AM »
and... everyone is so worried about our negroes... I say... get your own negroes.
lazs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2003, 08:33:55 AM »

Toad - and how about those who never leave their own neighbourhood, cast aspersions based on the opinions of radio pundits and come to the same conclusion?

Yes, how about them?

I believe they can easily be found in any country in the world and are not, by any means, exclusive to the USA. Nor do we have the greatest percentage of them. Doubt that, check the atttitudes in some of the Muslim countries. :)

Why just mention VietNam here and watch what aspersions you get based on radio pundits and 45 minute "exhaustive TV documentaries (less commercial interruptions) from people who are not from Vietnam or the US and who were in diapers when it all happened.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2003, 08:34:40 AM »
And judging from your posts neither travel, time or life experience has done you any good. Congratulations. I now know who I need to look up to - it's a lofty goal, but if I work hard I'm sure I can attain it.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2003, 08:40:24 AM »
I believe they can easily be found in any country in the world and are not, by any means, exclusive to the USA. Nor do we have the greatest percentage of them. Doubt that, check the atttitudes in some of the Muslim countries. :)

I don't believe I said anything to contradict that. But if people will cast aspersions about other countries, they ought to look out for the ricochet. ;) I was merely saying that it is as easy to use 'Trailertrash' as it is to use 'Eurotrash'. It takes just the same amount of thought i.e. none.

Why just mention VietNam here and watch what aspersions you get based on radio pundits and 45 minute "exhaustive TV documentaries (less commercial interruptions) from people who are not from Vietnam or the US and who were in diapers when it all happened. :D

I don't doubt it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2003, 09:04:16 AM »
"And judging from your posts neither travel, time or life experience has done you any good. Congratulations. I now know who I need to look up to - it's a lofty goal, but if I work hard I'm sure I can attain it."

hmm..well, I guess I would be the better judge of if  travel,time and life experiances have done me any "good" than you.   I feel they have done me a lot of good.  I am quite happy that they have all happened the way that they have.   I am also glad that they were dramatic enough that i didn't get stuck in some liberal complacencyhole like you are.  

My position is no more or less lofty than yours but it is a little more honest in my opinion.  
lazs

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2003, 09:51:10 AM »
Originally posted by lord dolf vader

if a guy walked up to you and called you trailer trash hitting him would be a decent reasonable reaction.

Decent and reasonable if you're trailor trash .

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2003, 10:16:23 AM »
And judging from your posts neither travel, time or life experience has done you any good. Congratulations. I now know who I need to look up to - it's a lofty goal, but if I work hard I'm sure I can attain it.

Ah, so if I travel extensively around the world, spending many, many days in foreign lands.....

........and don't come to the same world view, attitudes and conclusions as you.......

then I'm the one who has failed?

:D

Very open minded of you. Or was that what you were criticizing in me?

You're too funny.