Author Topic: Ammo loadout idea.  (Read 147 times)

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Ammo loadout idea.
« on: February 21, 2003, 03:33:19 PM »
I'll admit, I don't read the AH2 forum much, so maybe this has already been proposed/discussed.  But I'll throw it out there anyway.  

As your rank gets higher in AH2's TOD, it'd be cool to have your ground crew chief do little favors for you.  Specifically, I'd like to see pilots be able to pick how much ammo they wanted to carry (not beyond the plane's max, of course).  An FW-190A-5 doesn't need 1800 rounds of 7.9mm.  I'd like to be able to say, Hey Chief, don't put all 1800 mg rounds in there, only put in 900 to save me some weight, ok?  

Or maybe make this a feature totally independent from rank.  Either way, a lot of rides carry way too much MG ammo (dead weight) for their cannon ammo load.  It'd be nice to get rid of all that ammo without ruining your hit percentage shooting it all off on climbout.  

Any thoughts?

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Ammo loadout idea.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 06:22:46 PM »
Isn't this an option already in the existing AH?  I seem to recall that I can, if I chose to, take up 800 rounds of .50s for my P-38 instead of 2000 rounds.  Remember seeing this option in the hanger for many planes.

Ack-Ack

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Ammo loadout idea.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 06:51:59 PM »
Yeah, it's there for some planes, but not all.  I'm thinking something like a slider for all planes that lets you pick how much ammo you take.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Ammo loadout idea.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 07:11:49 PM »
i want th elast 40 rounds to be all tracers so you know when u are getting lo ammo when on the bellybutton of another plane...

BiGB
xoxo