Author Topic: MA numbers  (Read 1008 times)

Offline AGJV44_Rot 1

• Copper Member
MA numbers
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 02:10:38 PM »
Takada I remember when on a friday night 72-80 people was a large crowd.  I have to agree with you on the 1-1 2-2 as well as the chivalry when you shot that pilot down you would see him again usually sooner hten later.  NOw we have a ton of no name kills I rarely ever see a GK given out and the spam you are talking about is way out of porportion.  I do miss the old days if it meant jacking the price back to 30 I would pay in an instant.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
MA numbers
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 03:07:55 PM »
I don't mind the big numbers in the MA because it will mean more numbers in the CT as well. I don't fly there as much as I used to but I still enjoy popping into there and getting some "High Quality" fights on.

Although last night was what really kept me on my toes. There was only one other squadmate of mine on and we got nailed many times because we would be in a nice 2 v 2 or even a 2 v 3-4 and soon it would jump to 2 v infinity. Not because of anything different its just that we let ourselves get absorbed into the fight. We had some nice ones up around A44-A52 area against a bunch of P-51s. Then a couple of lala7's came through and plastered us and themselves because of the killshooter..... :p
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA numbers
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 09:36:28 AM »
1 v1 and 2 v 2 and 10-12 guys on a milkrun missun?  no thanks.  you can keep that "chivalry".  Why even play AH if that is what you want?  doesn't Il2 have like a 32 plane limit?

No.. even with a 1,000 up 2/3 of the bases in the larger maps would be deserted and someone would be milkrunning.   Gimme slightly closer fields and I don't care how many are on or how big the map is.
lazs

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
MA numbers
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 10:44:36 AM »
Nice to see so many people if it wasn't for the horrible warps and lags that happen when the MA has >500 people. We have heard all the excuses about "we think it's the score system" etc, it's about time they 'fessed up and admitted that the current server can't handle the players.  I suppose it has got to the money is more important than the game point.
Also all the new guys who are trying it out won't be too impressed with the lags etc, great advertisement for the game - NOT. Where's the incentive for them to stay and play (eventually pay) for a game that warps and lags regularly. Bombers have always been bad since I started 4 months ago, still hasn't been fixed.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
<Lazs voice>
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2003, 12:37:21 PM »
Dear HTC, please make us a map with "Co-Ed" fields....what I'm suggesting is place each countries spawn points at opposite ends of the runways.

This way we won't even have to take off to find a fight, we can just shoot each other as we spawn.

Originally posted by lazs2
1 v1 and 2 v 2 and 10-12 guys on a milkrun missun?  no thanks.  you can keep that "chivalry".  Why even play AH if that is what you want?  doesn't Il2 have like a 32 plane limit?

No.. even with a 1,000 up 2/3 of the bases in the larger maps would be deserted and someone would be milkrunning.   Gimme slightly closer fields and I don't care how many are on or how big the map is.
lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
MA numbers
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 12:53:29 PM »
Thats why you did so poorly on that I.Q. test weazel... you don't pay attention.... That and... well.... you're just not very smart.

Imagine the infinity map with the first layer, maybe 6 fields deep, with fields about 3/4 of a sector apart... As you get deeper into enemy territory the fields become a little farther apart.   "something for everyone"  would become a reality instead of "something for everyone if you get lucky or fly late war planes exclusively or just don't like to fight".
lazs

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wrong again Lazs
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 01:14:12 PM »
I'm just lampooning your incessant whining about game features.

You snivel about "sky accountants", "fluffs", and every other thing that doesn't facilitate a furball.

In other words your a crybaby.

I'm just trying to help you get your way by suggesting Co-Ed fields...of course based on your past I'm sure you would find something else to cry about even if HTC addressed your current whine.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
MA numbers
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 01:28:33 PM »
Lets drop the personal attacks gentlemen.

HiTech

Offline yb11

• Copper Member
MA numbers
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2003, 05:23:03 PM »
i for one is gitting tired of loging on jest to find that we are out numerd 4 to 1 and all of are baces are being porked and cant even get off the ground.  looks like a lot of non paying guys on now and hafe of my squad never got on at all last nite dont think that fare to the ones that are paying do you ?

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
MA numbers
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2003, 04:47:59 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Nice to see so many people if it wasn't for the horrible warps and lags that happen when the MA has >500 people. We have heard all the excuses about "we think it's the score system" etc, it's about time they 'fessed up and admitted that the current server can't handle the players.  I suppose it has got to the money is more important than the game point.
Also all the new guys who are trying it out won't be too impressed with the lags etc, great advertisement for the game - NOT. Where's the incentive for them to stay and play (eventually pay) for a game that warps and lags regularly. Bombers have always been bad since I started 4 months ago, still hasn't been fixed.

Actually Kev I think you are very wrong here.

If you sit down and analyze the problem it specifically relates to damage updates and text updates. And nothing else. Warps and CTD's are other localized problems people are having and unrelated to the big 'lagfest'.

In another thread its been clearly identified that MySQL which HTC uses has some issues with the O/S being used (and if you read the links posted the Linux sites talk specifically of this issue hogging CPU resources). HTC have stated in the same thread that they've ordered a newer version of the O/S they used before they changed O/S due to hardware vs O/S restrictions.

The sky is not falling... yet...

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
MA numbers
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2003, 04:52:07 PM »
Sunking what are your framerates with your setup???

Albatron KX400-8X
AMD XP 2100
2x 256DDR pc-2100 Crucial
Radeon 9700 pro 325/310
DX9.0
40gig IBM 60x Deskstar HDD x2
SB!live Soundcard
CH USB 658 Flightstick
CH USB Pro Throttle
CH USB Pro Pedals

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2003, 06:08:45 PM »
Originally posted by BNM
Sunking what are your framerates with your setup???

In AH I run Anti-Aliasing maxed to 6X , Aniso at 8x

Im also running V-synch so my framerates are maxed near 120 , maybe drop to 75 in clouds/fire during a Bish Typhoon raid.

Without v-synch its like 600-700 aprox.

This 9700pro card is incredible. Just loaded up the Splinter Cell reatail. Boy they go off on the shadows and lighting.. Reason alone to buy this card.. I'm glad I bought it.

Here's a shot with vsynch during  fire and planes.

http://www.innercite.com/~sunking/withvsynch.JPG

Here's a shot without Vsynch

http://www.innercite.com/~sunking/withoutvy.JPG
« Last Edit: February 23, 2003, 06:22:28 PM by SunKing »