Author Topic: KOTH adjustments  (Read 876 times)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2003, 04:19:33 PM »
I wanna waste your time too.  Say something dumb again.

F.

Offline Dano

• Zinc Member
      • Danosacm.com
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2003, 04:32:23 PM »

You guys definately take the ignorant cake.

Do yall scan all the posts just to start fights?
Is that what yall do when you earn computer time at school?
I think the recess bell is ringing, yall better get back to class.

Anyone know how to change the title of a thread? I'd like to change this one to "Two ignoramouses (Sling and Furious) trying to get on top."
Is that possible?

Oh yeah, btw, going to retry this thread in the "appropriate" category I guess . Just incase you two want to head over there and show me how juvenile you really are.
<S> Dano
Few problems in life cannot be fixed without the precise placement of high explosives. --Ukn
ACM Tip: Keep the bad guy out front and squeeze the trigger when the little black dot is on them.
http://www.danosacm.com/

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2003, 04:45:08 PM »
There isnt anything wrong with making any suggestions, you should respect that someone would take their time to think of a suggestion.  

But anyways...A good idea would be to go back to the DA map with the 3 roll places..It was alot bigger, since the map we have now is pretty small IMO.

Offline Dano

• Zinc Member
      • Danosacm.com
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2003, 04:54:45 PM »
I was thinking of the DA also.
One problem that I came up with (and have seen in the past) is that if there are others in the DA, sometimes they don't understand that we are "KOTHing" and just jump right in and start shooting.
It was actually kind of funny though .
<S> Dano
Few problems in life cannot be fixed without the precise placement of high explosives. --Ukn
ACM Tip: Keep the bad guy out front and squeeze the trigger when the little black dot is on them.

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2003, 05:17:08 PM »
dam..man OSme guys took this thread and HIJAKED!!..lmfao...

Air Start!!..hell if you cant airstart...You should be in the TA then...Defntly not in KOTH...

Only thing i think should be improved is..ICON thingy...IT would make it very interesting to see no names for a round or 2...

Thats it from me..

Too funny the firts 6 posts are just crap talking.,..lolol

Love BiGB
xoxo

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2003, 05:23:40 PM »
Knock off the name calling gents, and dano your the one who started this thread down grade.

HiTech

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2003, 06:13:46 PM »
If I did want to try it, read about it or add my input I would go to the forum designed for it.

or just click on the thread entitled "KOTH adjustments", whatever floats your boat apparently.

Hblair had a very constructive thread shortly after Wild Wednesday ended that helped publicize the KOTH event, no reason this thread can't generate more refinements.
Hornet

Offline Dano

• Zinc Member
      • Danosacm.com
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2003, 11:01:22 PM »
HiTech if you would be so kind as to explain to me how I started this?

If you read the post you will notice the shot at not putting this thread in the correct forum.
How is that warranted?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?!
<S> Dano

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2003, 02:59:08 AM »
Dano, try second reply, right at the end of the message:

It's a wonder why Aces High didn't take off UNTIL Air Warrior was down and out.

I sincerely hope you weren't trying to spark off a reasonable discussion with that little snipe. Such a flame-inducing comment isn't really suitable for someone trying to be taken seriously.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Lazerus1

• Nickel Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2003, 03:52:26 AM »
Originally posted by Dano
Well, I thought "ignorance" would be too harsh of a word.

But thanks for proving my point Sling.

At any rate, if ANYONE has anything constructive to say on this thread, please do so.

Otherwise quit wasting my time, the Aces High community's time and yours.

Bring back "Wild Wed."

I was just starting to get involved with 'em when they stopped, and I always had a great time. Questions tha have been raised about the map in the KOTH could be solved by adopting the WW terrain.

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2003, 11:51:19 AM »
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that not a single one of you would talk like this to each other if you were face to face. Ego victories are cheap when you don't have to risk an arse-whoopin' for being a schmuck...

Oh, and I agree with the ground level at 0 feet thing, although it probably won't help ME any.

I'm tempted to suggest that the only ceiling be at the top of the canyon where the wind will wreak havoc on your plane, but it would probably mean at least half of the participants would fly around avoiding a fight until they could boom and zoom the survivors to kingdom come. Maybe drop the canyon height to about 8K?
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
Scheduling KOTH
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2003, 12:26:08 PM »
I'd like to see KOTH on a regular schedule.   Knowing that KOTH will be, for example, on the 1st Friday of the month makes it easier to plan participation.

KOTH is now scheduled between other events.  Looking at the calendar for the last four months, KOTH has been held on the 2nd Friday of the month twice, once on the 3rd Friday, and once on the 4th Friday.  Kinda hard to plan for.

KOTH is not on the calendar for March.  Nor is anything else scheduled for a Friday in March.  

Since other events seem harder to schedule, why not schedule the easy one, that is, KOTH on a regular, predictable schedule?

Can't think of any flames to add at this time.  

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Dano

• Zinc Member
      • Danosacm.com
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2003, 02:56:43 PM »
I sincerely hope you weren't trying to spark off a reasonable discussion with that little snipe. Such a flame-inducing comment isn't really suitable for someone trying to be taken seriously.

No, I was trying to spark a reasonable discussion with the first post. Obviously someone felt it neccessary to hijack a simple question (see second post.)

Oh, and lets not forget about the 8th and 9th post when peeps started talking about oral sex.

Oh yee of the mighty Aces High world, please don't think that your do-do doesn't stink. Yours, mine and everyone else's do-do stinks at one point in time, sometimes mulitple peeps do at the same time.

Road map time (for those of you that don't bother reading the WHOLE post before putting in your .02 worth, you know who you are):

I asked a simple question. POST 1
Someone, who thought their do-do didn't stink decided to come along and correct my mistake. POST 2
At which point, I felt that this correction to what, in reality is an insignificant mistake, was not called for and decided to post a rebuttle. POST 3
Somewhere, oh along post 8 and 9, people started talking about oral sex and who swallows and who doesn't. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.
When I decided to state the obvious fact that Aces High didn't start to get the mass of customers until Air Warrior died (and your even more of a fool then me for starting this thread if you think for twice the price a month Aces High was going to pull peeps from Air Warrior, before their staff sold out), someone thought that I thought the oral sex comment was meant for me. How the hell they came to that conclusion is BEYOND me. POST 12

But alas, I digress.

So, from here on out I am declaring that I was the assshole!
This whole incident was INTIRELY my fault and I apologize.

Just remember when you see "You were shot down by Dano."
Think to yourself, "Hmm, I just got shot down by the number one assshole in Aces High."

Dano
<S> Dano

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2003, 04:28:01 PM »
...So, from here on out I am declaring that I was the assshole!
This whole incident was INTIRELY my fault and I apologize...

apology accepted.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2003, 04:45:17 PM »
Just remember when you see "You were shot down by Dano."
Think to yourself, "Hmm, I just got shot down by the number one assshole in Aces High."
Dano

Nah, you're not number one by a long shot.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!